Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter spiderwebb
  • Start date Start date
S

spiderwebb

I have a small problem that I have been trying to solve for the last 2 weeks. I have written a database that uses a form to select an agents name from the database then prints out an summury of all their orders for that month, which is great but I now have over 150 agents and have to print each agent seperately, is there some way say select a month then get access to print each agents summury (like a batch file) if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be oh so happy (and maybe get some sleep)

Spider

Thanks in advance

Why don't you use a pop up form and maybe have a combo box where you can select the month, set an ok and cancel button so that when you click ok the report will print all orders for all agents for the selected month OR if you don't want a pop up form just use a query and enter criteria such as between[startdate] and [enddate] this way you would get a prompt to enter your selected dates and the report would only print the range between date 1 and 2.

Hayley

You have to create a report based on a query which includes all the data you want to summarise. You then use the sorting & grouping menu in the Report's Design. If you group by (e.g.) Customer and sort by Alphabetical order, you can show the Customer's name in a header, all associated data in a detail section and have , for example, a thick line in a footer to show that a group has ended. These groups can be continuous or can be each printed on a separate page.

Thanks for your replys, Hayley I have already done what you suggested but will try adding the suggestion from cogent1 and see what happens

Your query for the report can include parameters (e.g. Start Date, End Date) so that you can select a specific range of dates for the report to cover at the time the report is run...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom