Prediction for the Next 50 Years (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 14:50
What are your predictions for the state of being for the human race, and the planet earth in general?

Do you see a brighter future? Or is darkness clouding the horizon?

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:50
Without either a strong moral swing, or some rapid advances in treatment of viral diseases, then the future looks bleak. Aids in africa at epedemic levels, STD's to the point in this country that Boots (a chain of chemists) are offering free testing in much the same way as cholesterol tests and checks for diabetis.

Peter

skea

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:50
The lifespan of a normal human here is 47.
Its directly propotional to the levels of poverty which in turn gives way to HIV and STDs infection alongside wars.
With the continuation of human cloning, i sometimes i wish that time should come to a stand still and all of a sudden start revolving back.
All in all i think we are almost the last orderly form of generation.:rolleyes:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Not to mention this bird flu that is spreading. They predict that the flu will continue mutating until it is spreads person to person, and then becomes airborn. UNless we find a cure, I don't see much of a future ahead.

Wouldn't it figure? As humans we pride ourself on education and technology...but we all get wiped out by the most simple of organisms, a virus.

emcf

Local time
Today, 19:50
hmmm...big question. not too sure where to start although being a natural born cynic i'll start with the dour stuff -

i reckon that in the next 20-50 years the following will be big problems -
  • continuing instability/war in the middle east...
  • new instability caused by 'water' wars. fresh water is a declining resource and this will be a bigger problem than depeted oil stocks....we don't need oil to live but we sure as hell need water every day.
  • environmental degredation - already a problem with the desertification of the Sahel area etc.
  • social conflict - maybe i'm just getting on a bit now but society seemed more cohesive and stable when i was growing up. nowadays there seems to be so much bad feeling amongst neighbours and a level and prevalence of violence that really bothers me - eg the riots in paris or the troubles in birningham.

on the bright side, I would like to see/hope for the following in the next 50-odd years -
  • (hopefully!!!) the international fusion reactor project will pay off big time...copious amounts of cheap, clean energy for all.
  • technology, technology, technology.......still so many wierd and wonderful things to be invented/discovered that to attempt to guess would only provide amusing anecdotes for kids 50 years from now (weren't we all supposed to be living on Mars by now according to 1920s predictions?!?)
  • aberdeen football club to win another trophy

R

Rich

I can confidently predict that Bush will be out of office within a few years and life will thus improve for Americans and the rest of the world:cool:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I think the next 50 years will be marked in history as the peek in overpopulation of the planet earth.

I think we will be reduced down the number of people, that I have contended for a long time, to the maximum sustainable population of two billion. And we will get there no mater what path we take.

I think the Wars in the Gulf are a harbinger of things to come. This time will be known as the era of the petroleum wars. And even our so called enlightened European friends will willingly join in the carnage. There’ll be old ladies running around carrying banners that say “I don’t care who has to die, I need heat, and i need food delivered to my shelves”. Its easy to look at us with disdain now; but everyone is going to feel the pain of oil shortages and countries like China, The U.S. and the Europeans are going to get it; no mater what the cost.

The oil wars can be avoided, the population contraction cannot be. We are using the earth’s battery and the generators have long since stopped keeping up. If you look around even the people that used to mock Green Peace and other conservation organizations are starting to see the light. But we are too late on this one, the plagues are coming.

We will be at two billion before the end of the next century.

If we get fusion, and I think we will. The following will occur.

I think we will have the first scientific outpost on Mars. And we will be working on re-atmosphereing the planet.

Here on Earth fresh water will no longer be a problem because near free energy will mean unlimited desalination.

We will stop using chemical based fertilizer and start decontaminating sewer to stop the massive flow of nitrates and other waterway killing chemicals. Why on Earth are we putting fertilizer in food so we can flush it out to sea. Haven’t we heard of cycles?

I think ours is the last generation of short lived humans. The genome project will undoubtedly uncover the code to longevity.

So I see a mixture of good and bad, but ultimately we will have benefited from all this death.

Or we could force people to stop having babies, yeah that’ll happen.

My parent started my families legacy; they are building a scientifically structured self contained aquatic farm in Texas. Where we will completely recycle all of our waist and produce our own energy. I plan to retire there and carry out my life dream of experimenting, inventing, educating people and writing very intelligent philosophical pros. LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom