Printing report on POS printer (1 Viewer)

latex88

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:05
Hi,

I don't know if I am just not a good researcher or there hasn't been too many questions about printing reports on POS printers. I created this simple restaurant POS system that takes orders. I want to print the ticket using report, but the margin seems set with the thermal printer I have. Regardless how long the report is, it prints certain dimension. It has a cutter, so not to waste paper, I'd like to cut it right after the last line of text. Anyone with experience in writing the VBA for this purpose?

Latex

latex88

Registered User.
Local time
I downloaded the driver (TSP600) for it and it seems to print pretty well. The only negative part about it is that I cannot increase the bottom margin. It's minimum margin is 5.172 inches. The printer somehow knows when the lines of text is short. It will stop and cut the paper. However, when an order is lengthy, it creates a large margin then continues printing, which wastes paper and seems unprofessional.

Is there a VBA code that tells the printer to cut when it sees the last line of text?

naym

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
Hi Mate,

I have developed a Epos system in Access and use access reports which work fine for me, the length is set for what i need it for and only gets larger if the order becomes larger.

ist this what your not wanting?? if your wanting to cut it the last line of code you can make the page lower unless you have a line or some sort on the report that is forcing it to get larger, also try viewing the report and go into page setup you can change settings from there.

Good Luck

latex88

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mate,

I have developed a Epos system in Access and use access reports which work fine for me, the length is set for what i need it for and only gets larger if the order becomes larger.

ist this what your not wanting?? if your wanting to cut it the last line of code you can make the page lower unless you have a line or some sort on the report that is forcing it to get larger, also try viewing the report and go into page setup you can change settings from there.

Good Luck

Yes, naym. It is exactly what I want, but the driver I downloaded for this particular printer, TSP600, somehow has it's own margin setup. I cannot get the bottom margin to go less than 5.172". Every time I set it lower, it goes back to 5.172" Any suggestions?

Pac-Man

Local time
Today, 18:05
Hi Mate,

Good Luck
It could be of help to someone else (like me) if you could share how're you doing this.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:05
@Pac-Man This is a very old thread and it doesn't seem to even have an answer. We haven't seen either person since 2014.

Try starting a new thread and describe your problem. I have not used this type of printer but hopefully someone else who lurks here has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom