Receiving Error while installing ODBC Driver (1 Viewer)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 15:47
Is there any System requirements for installing ODBC driver 18 for sql Server?

We have still only one PC running on Windows 8.1
While trying to install ODBC driver 18 for sql server on this machine, we receive the following error and the install process fails midway.

C.PNG

I've followed the instructions mentioned in following link. But no improvement at all.

We can install/uninstall any program on this machine. It's only ODBC driver 18 that throws this error.
Is there any limitations for version 18?

thanks

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:47
Is there any System requirements for installing ODBC driver 18 for sql Server?

We have still only one PC running on Windows 8.1
Of course there are system requirements for the ODBC driver. When looking at those requirements for the Version 18 driver, you should notice that the minor version number is relevant. ODBC driver version 18.2 is no longer officially supported on Windows 8.1. - If this due to general end of support for Win8.1 or due to real technical incompatibility I cannot say.

KitaYama

Local time
Of course there are system requirements for the ODBC driver. When looking at those requirements for the Version 18 driver, you should notice that the minor version number is relevant. ODBC driver version 18.2 is no longer officially supported on Windows 8.1. - If this due to general end of support for Win8.1 or due to real technical incompatibility I cannot say.
@sonic8 Thanks for clarifying.
It seems that 18.1 still supports Windows 8.1
But I can't find the download link from Microsoft.
It seems that only 18.2 is available for download. I tested this page.

Google shows other sites that offer different versions of the driver, but I'm not comfortable to download from unknown sites.
Is there a way to download 18.1 from Microsoft?

Million thanks.

KitaYama

Local time
@sonic8 @Minty

Seems that instead of learning about databases, I have to start receiving lessons on how to search with Google.
I was sitting here doing my best with google to find the page. And found nothing. Finally I gave up.

Million thanks to both of you for the help.
Where would I be without members like you?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom