Solved Record locking / persistent Access process

Morphies

Local time
Today, 16:33
Morning all,

Edit: Known bug. Ignore post. Maybe useful info included re batch file launcher.

I seem to be having an issue where the ldb file remains after access closes. In some cases there is an accompanying access process and other times, there isn't.

I've read about the issues a previous version of O365 had with this, and my office is up to date Version 2408 Build 16.0.17928.20114

I've also included the FE folder in the trusted locations (C:\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ClarityLIMS\)

I seem to be unable to add the BE network location to trusted files though, even if i tick the allow network locations. I figured this wasn't so important as long as the FE folder location is there. Although I do still get active content is blocked on any new version..

I don't seem to have this issue on any of the users still on Office 2021.

Resorted to launching the DB through a batch script that checks if an ldb file is present, kills any access processes and deletes the ldb file before launching the FE. Which is far from ideal

I *may* have released an FE to the userbase which had a ldb file associated with it. But i've also tried rolling back to earlier versions with no luck.

Any clues? :)

Last edited:
do you mean ldb or laccdb? The former relates to access 2003 or earlier but you mention 2021 - so I would expect .laccdb unless the app is 20+ years old.

With regards the BE location - would normally add that to trusted locations, not files.

Also, be careful that you are actually referencing the C:\ directory - 365 has a habit of assuming Onedrive

do you mean ldb or laccdb? The former relates to access 2003 or earlier but you mention 2021 - so I would expect .laccdb unless the app is 20+ years old.

With regards the BE location - would normally add that to trusted locations, not files.

Also, be careful that you are actually referencing the C:\ directory - 365 has a habit of assuming Onedrive
Deffo ldb. Yes this app has been in development since ~2004.

Apologies yes, trusted locations, but like I said I cannot add the network location. Even with allow network locations, It says it cannot be added for security reasons.

Have you ticked the Allow trusted locations on my network?
1725875311980.png

if you have, it may be your IT have disabled the ability

Just noticed you have identified it as a known bug

Just noticed you have identified it as a known bug
Yes I believe this is the same issue many users are reporting which has been resolved in the next pre release due for general release today? September 10th. Although this could be October 9th, not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom