Solved Refresh a query thru VBA (1 Viewer)

mloucel

Local time
Today, 02:39
Hello Gurus..

After a few minutes I decided to post this here, since the issue will be handled at the end by VBA..

Issue:
I am working in an application, where a specific number of records will be displayed in the form footer of my Main Menu on a Sub-Form:
FMenu.png

This SubForm is created Using 2 queries [I have to], then I create the form and add to the menu.

My SubQuery removes certain Data:

SubQuery.png

And the Main query, then sets everything to 30 days but eventually I will set this to 90 days maximum [this is JUST for the opening]
Main Query.png

I need to be able to create a range on the ReferDate so that I can go to any Max date found in the data base, and any other date within the Min range of the database.
The FIRST DISPLAY [or at least I hope it will be] (when the menu is open) only the first 90 days from today's date will be displayed, but I want to be able to manipulate those dates, so the End User can see any range withing those MIN and MAX of the database.
Just like this:
Needit.png

I have tried with the button set to:
Code:
Me.Recordset.Requery

but surely doesn't work, I know I am wrong but if someone can help me with any idea on how to accomplish this..

Thanks

You might consider posting a sample db with test data. It might help get to a solution quicker.

you may also try this on the Refresh button click"

Code:
Private Sub btnRefresh_Click()
Dim sql As String
dim i As Integer
Dim db As DAO.Database
If IsDate(Me.ReferDateFrom) And IsDate(Me.ReferDateTo) Then
    ' change the record source of your form
    Set db = Currentdb
    sql = db.QueryDefs("qryAuthorizationFullView").SQL
    sql= Replace$(sql, ";", "")
    i = Instr(1, sql, "WHERE")
    If i <> 0 Then
        sql = Left$(sql, i - 1)
   End If

sql = sql & " WHERE ReferDate Between #" & Format$(Me.ReferDateFrom, "mm/dd/yyyy") & _
                       "# And #" & Format$(Me.ReferDateTo, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"
    me.RecordSource = sql
End If
Set db = Nothing
End Sub

Hello Gurus..

After a few minutes I decided to post this here, since the issue will be handled at the end by VBA..

Issue:
I am working in an application, where a specific number of records will be displayed in the form footer of my Main Menu on a Sub-Form:
View attachment 115955

This SubForm is created Using 2 queries [I have to], then I create the form and add to the menu.

My SubQuery removes certain Data:

View attachment 115956

And the Main query, then sets everything to 30 days but eventually I will set this to 90 days maximum [this is JUST for the opening]
View attachment 115957

I need to be able to create a range on the ReferDate so that I can go to any Max date found in the data base, and any other date within the Min range of the database.
The FIRST DISPLAY [or at least I hope it will be] (when the menu is open) only the first 90 days from today's date will be displayed, but I want to be able to manipulate those dates, so the End User can see any range withing those MIN and MAX of the database.
Just like this:
View attachment 115958

I have tried with the button set to:
Code:
Me.Recordset.Requery

but surely doesn't work, I know I am wrong but if someone can help me with any idea on how to accomplish this..

Thanks
Me.Sub-FormName.Requery or Forms![Parent Form Name]![Sub-Form Name].Requery

Code:
Dim sql As String
dim i As Integer
Dim db As DAO.Database
    Set db = Currentdb
    If i <> 0 Then
        sql = Left$(sql, i - 1)
   End If

sql = sql & " WHERE ReferDate Between #" & Format$(Me.ReferDateFrom, "mm/dd/yyyy") & _
    me.RecordSource = sql
End If
Set db = Nothing
End Sub
Thanks @arnelgp , I am going to try your solution now.

Code:
Dim sql As String
dim i As Integer
Dim db As DAO.Database
    Set db = Currentdb
    If i <> 0 Then
        sql = Left$(sql, i - 1)
   End If

me.RecordSource = sql
End If
Set db = Nothing
End Sub
Thanks it worked, I just made the adjustments as suggested and added order by referdate at the end so that it is sorted as well, it works pretty well, exactly as I imagined.

Thank you @arnelgp

I have attached the test Database, just in case anyone wants to see the final result, and might even help them in the future.

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom