Reminder message (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:14
i have noticed that when they select the word "ordered" from the drop down box then are not pressing the button called " update" this changes the on order qty and the allocation requirements that goes into the stock table , is it possible to get a message that reminds them to press the update button after they have selected the word ordered or could we get it that the message that has a yes or no button on it if yes run macro Macro name " ordered" or if no just close the message

thanks steve

1678183217073.png

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:14
Shouldn't you be able to query that automatically, without trying to keep track of it.
The query would look at all confirmed orders that haven't been picked and that would be the correct allocated quantity all the time.

That would remove the need to keep a second table updated, which is fraught with uncertainties.
What happens if that order line is deleted? The query would be correct still but your table wouldn't be?

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:14
i have just done that which works automatically. but i am concerned now about what you said that if they delete a line after selecting the word "ordered" it would not alter the on order qty , nor allocation qty back down

also as the system is new to everyone i was trying to make is that they are sure what they have done and are 100 percent committed to the order

steve

1678187299453.png

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:14
but i am concerned now about what you said that if they delete a line after selecting the word "ordered" it would not alter the on order qty , nor allocation qty back down

I'm saying don't store those anywhere, you don't need to as they should be calculated on the fly so they are live and correct at all times.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:14
If you are updating quantities on an inventory record, you have no audit trail of what caused the inventory to change. The proper way to manage inventory is with a transaction table. That means that anything that affects inventory creates a transaction to log the event. In the case of the "Ordered" status or ANY status change if that is how you are controlling inventory, you need to save the .OldValue of the status as well as the changed value. Do this in the status control's BeforeUpdate event. Then in the Form's AfterUpdate event, check for a status change and create the appropriate inventory transaction.

Make sure that if deleting an item will affect inventory, you trap that in the Delete event of the form and save the data you need to create the proper inventory transaction. Then use the AfterUpdate event of the form to generate the inventory transaction so that code is always in the same place. You can save the data for the add/change actions also which will make the logging action in the form's AfterUpdate event consistent regardless of what the action was. All that changes is the sign of the quantity unless your transaction type's indicate the sign and you don't use a natural sign. I always use a natural sign. It is much more flexible and easier to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom