Resize main form and subform (1 Viewer)

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
Hi all. Sorry if this already exist. I couldn't find a simple solution without VBA.
My problem is I have a main form which has just a few fields and should be quite small in height. The subform however has multiple related records and it should be in the form of dataset and occupy the most of the screen space. How can I achieve this? At the moment I cant change this where the main form is like an elephant occupying the space without need for it:
form_subform.png

Attachments

• form_subform.png
    form_subform.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 23

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:41
you adjust the height (make smaller) of the detail section.
and put the subform just below the detail section "band".
set the the Horizontal and Vertical Anchor of the subform (in design view) to Both.

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
you adjust the height (make smaller) of the detail section.
and put the subform just below the detail section "band".
set the the Horizontal and Vertical Anchor of the subform (in design view) to Both.
Thank you amelgp for looking into it.
The height is already small 1.698cm. The anchors changed as you told. But still all the same. My subform is in form footer. Does it nee to go into the detail section?

form_subform_1.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:41
put it in the Detail section.

Reactions: lbs

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:41
Just remember when resizing a form (or report) section, it cannot be shrunk to the point that it would interfere with the position of a control. I.e. if you have a control at 4.75 inches from the top of the detail section and it is 0.25 inches high, you cannot shrink the detail section to less than 5 inches. At least, not until you move the control FIRST.

Reactions: lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom