Running a batch file from a macro?

paulcrigh

Local time
Today, 02:34
Hi Guys,

This surely cant be as difficult as I am finding it :)

I have a batch file that works perfectly, which FTP's files from my local machine to one of my servers. All I want to do is have a step in my Microsoft Access Macro which runs this batch file

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Paul

Use the RunApp macro action and put the entire path to the .cmd/.bat that you want to run in the Command Line box that comes up when you select RunApp from the Actions list.

Hi Boblarson - I was hoping to use RunApp but it isnt one of the Action items in the drop down list......now forgive me If I am being stupid but I am not a great user of Access - is this normally not available within Access 2007 as that is the version I am using?

Hi Paul,

You said you have a batch file that will automatically transfers the file from our local drive to the client server through the FTP server..
Could you please share that batch file to me, as i need it to one of my process..
It will be helpful to me to create a batch file that will do the automatic transfer( when we double click and open an batch file, it has to automatically open the particulara FTP server and download the recent dated file).
Thank you in advance..

~Vivek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom