Running a module from a macro?

dcarr

Trainee Database Analyst
Local time
Today, 01:53
Is it possible to run a module from within a macro? I have created several module and wanted to run them from within a single module. I have tried using 'OpenModule' but this simply shows the syntax? Is there anyway I can execute a module from within a macro? If there is does anyone know the function I should use?
Thanks guys

You can't necessarily run the whole module, but you can run functions from the module. Use the runcode command in the macro and then type your function name where specified.

Thanks that worked great

You can not "run" a module, since it is only a container for funcs and subs. Note that only public funcs and subs can be executed from the outside and that form and report modules can not contain public funcs and subs.

Here an interesting article from the AOE (www.unsoftwareag.com):

ACCESS ONLINE ENCYCLOPEDIA Article Code: G2

Why should you avoid MACROS ?
Macros have been a great invention back in 1987. In simply recording the operations on the screen any user could create his own little programs and modify them later on.
They are ideal if you just need one functionality and if you do not want to create a real application.
Nethertheless the creation of macros requires time and effort and there is a great chance that all this investment will be lost very soon.
The reasons are multiple:

Macros do not allow any error trapping
Macros can not be debugged
Macros can not be converted in VBA code
Macros are inflexible
Macros are not protected in MDE files