Running Access 2013 Macros in Earlier Versions

Taffski

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:23
Hi, I have created an *.accdb db in Access 2013 which runs macros to create examinations, by running a Make Table and several Append queries to populate the examination table.

It opens dialog boxes to ensure that the user wishes to delete the previous table prior to creating the new table and there are no problems with that.

The problem is that some of our users are running Access 2003 or 2007 and whilst the macro does run from clicking on the form command button it insists on running each query within the macro separately and requiring the user to confirm each query before progressing to the next. This is extremely cumbersome for the user, as some macros are made up of 15+ queries.

Any suggestions from the learned ones out there?

Many thanks for any advice; please keep it simple!

:)

I don't use Access 2013 however I assume it works similar to other versions in that you can create your database in a lower version. If that assumption is correct then that's the process you should use. Always create the database in the lowest version that will be used in your organisation.

If you're getting update/insert messages those are Access warnings. You can suppress them by setting the SetWarnings action to No prior to running the queries and setting it back to Yes afterwards... the latter being important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom