Search form works w/32bit not w/64bit Access

RIDBguy

Local time
Today, 11:48
My search form uses user input text boxes to create a recordset. Text boxes are then filled with the results using ControlSource assignments (me.txtRecordID.ControlSource = "RecordID"). Works fine on 32 bit (textboxes show all data for all reords found) and not on 64 bit (textboxes all show "#Name?")

Databases under Access have "bitness" as you have noted - 32 or 64. They have the same bitness as the copy of Access under which they were built. If you are using .ACCDB files, you at least need to adjust any subroutine declarations to allow for the bitness of Access itself and then have the user perform a DECOMPILE and RECOMPILE under the bitness of their copy of Access.

If you are using .ACCDE files, you must build 32- and 64-bit copies separately, as you cannot recompile the .ACCDE files.

Note also that if this is a split database, usually the back-end files don't have built-in calls that run into the interface problems. You need to look up articles on "convert 32-bit to 64-bit Access" to learn about "hardening" the interface calls. If this is NOT a split database, you may have painted yourself into a corner as I don't think a shared monolithic Access DB even CAN be shared between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of MSAccess.EXE, the Access main program.

My search form uses user input text boxes to create a recordset. Text boxes are then filled with the results using ControlSource assignments (me.txtRecordID.ControlSource = "RecordID"). Works fine on 32 bit (textboxes show all data for all reords found) and not on 64 bit (textboxes all show "#Name?")
The most likely cause of the problem is that the VBA in this accdb uses APIs. Other possibilities include ActiveX controls.

In any event, you need to respond to the points The_Doc_Man raised to help us help you with specifics.

There is a significant number of discussions here on converting 32 bit accdbs to work with 64 bit Access, along with blogs and YouTube videos.

An internet search should turn up a bounty of sources to explore in making your accdb 64 bit compliant.

Try compiling your project and see if you get any errors.

maybe you have renamed the field RecordID to something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom