sending confirmation email

prasadgov

Local time
Yesterday, 19:06
Hi,

I have a job in Windows Task scheduler which opens a Access database, executes a FullRun macro and exports the reports to a folder. It runs once every 30 mins.
It's all good.
But since sending an email in Task Scheduler is now not available, what is the alternate way to generate a confirmation?
Is there a way to include it in the same batch file by adding the email confirmation code or have a second task to execute another batch job with email confirmation code?
Anyone done this and if so can the sample be shared?

TIA

Some choices are:

1) automate Outlook (tough with current security settings)
2) use CDO
3) use some other tool like an SSIS package with a Send Mail task, if you have permissions to drop things to the SMTP server

But since sending an email in Task Scheduler is now not available
Are you saying that Access cannot send an email? That doesn't make sense. Once Task Scheduler starts your Access app, it should be able to do whatever Access can do.

I'm with Pat on this one. You should be able to send mail from Access. BUT if your IT or computer security group has blocked this ability, your problem isn't technical. It is political. So here's the problem in a nutshell. If your boss told you to send mail, but the IT group says "No" - which I've seen before, then it is between your boss and the IT folks to hash out what permissions you REALLY need. As long as the two sides of this battle disagree, you are going nowhere. But you probably don't have enough clout to win this argument. Your boss might.

You say "since sending an email in Task Scheduler is now not available" but Task Scheduler can't stop e-mail. To be blunt, it isn't smart enough. But an IT group policy can do that easily by blocking mail from a specific context. Therefore, your first task would be to ask your security folks if they have clamped down on automated mail, and if so, why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom