Short Introduction (1 Viewer)

iamchemist

Local time
Yesterday, 21:29
My name is Ron Cochran. I am a retired Ph.D. Analytical Chemist, and I am currently volunteering at Mother Hubbard's Non-Profit Food Pantry (we give out groceries to needy people) in Wilmington, NC.. We run an Access Database Application, which was written by a guy named Bob Alston and is being used by 700+ Food Pantries like us across the US. It promarily keeps track of how many people we serve and their family sizes.

I am admittedly a novice at Access, but I have learned some things over several years of tweaking our Access Application to better suite the needs of our Pantry.

I would be very greatful for any help that you Access Gurus can give us to improve the working of our Database.

Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Nice pantry name. I’ve also helped a food pantry with their Access application. It’s fairly important data since they need to justify their services.

@iamchemist Welcome:)
Please post questions in the appropriate forum when you get ready to go into details. But for now, do you have authorization from the initial developer to make changes to the source code? If you don't, we can't help you to crack the app but we can help you to link to the data in the existing app and use it in a new app to add features.

Hello, Ron. I am Richard, a PhD Analytical Chemist from Univ. of New Orleans (1975). My dissertation involved computer-automated experimental direct monitoring and real-time online analysis in a chemical kinetics situation. Our materials were inorganic heteropoly anions, mostly based on oxides of molybdenum, vanadium, and phosphorus. It was a followup on earlier methods of colorimetric analysis of metal ions in potable water.

When asking questions, just remember to give us the background we will need to understand the context of what you are asking. We're all willing to help but none of us have degrees in mind-reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom