Solved Show transaction Information (1 Viewer)

ClaraBarton

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
I have a continuous form of transactions that has a button to open another form to split the transaction into different accounts. The transaction is completed when there is no amount remaining after the splits of the original amount. Each transaction has a field on the calling form showing the remaining amount (if not 0).

I would like to modify the button that calls the form for the split. Gray if there is nothing remaining, or bright if there is more to do on the split form.

Possible?

I've tried many things, including setting the button on the Load event but every record remains the same as the first record and wouldn't change anyway if the remaining amount changed.
I tried using a transparent button on top of two rectangles but couldn't figure how to make one visible and the other invisible with conditional formatting and besides, conditional formatting doesn't work on a rectangle.
Both forms use the same query.
I could use a little direction.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I think you had the right idea but use a Textbox instead of a Rectangle.

ClaraBarton

Registered User.
Local time
Great idea! I only need one textbox instead of two and I used the expression [Remaining] = 0 to fill it with gray and put it under my transparent button. Thank you so much!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Great idea! I only need one textbox instead of two and I used the expression [Remaining] = 0 to fill it with gray and put it under my transparent button. Thank you so much!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom