Sort on Option Button status (1 Viewer)

taball0829

Local time
Today, 16:45
I have a worksheet with a range of A1 to D501, with row one locked. Column B (a named range "Need") contains Option Buttons. I reread this and decided there may be some important information: Columns B and C contains Grouped Option Buttons by row! After clicking the Option Button on the appropriate rows in column B, say 2, 28 and 300, I would like to sort the entire range so that the rows 2, 28 and 300, with their associated data, are the first three rows on the worksheet. I have clicked the "My data has headers" and the range selection changes to A2 - D501. I have tried A to Z and Z to A and added a custom sort for xlOn, and a custom sort for "True" but nothing changes on the worksheet when I click OK.

What is the secret word or phrase to make this happen?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:45
Do you mean that you want the rows where the option is selected placed at the top?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 21:45
So sort with column b being the first sort option?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:45
I've never used ActiveX controls actually embedded directly on a worksheet, if that's what you're talking about (?? can't tell) as they are so much worse than just using VBA you might as well use VBA, but if you post a screenshot or upload a workbook with sample data - that may help and I would at least give it a look to try to see what is happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom