Strange behaviour with form

Mister-B

Local time
Today, 19:52
I have updated a form of mine in a database. In design view everything is how I want it. Whenever I switch into the form view, none of the new labels or check boxes I have inserted are in the position that I have placed them. They are either in another location on the form or are not being shown at all. All the controls are on "visible".

Can anybody explain this strange behaviour?

MisterB, Did you save any changes you made to the form's design?

I have updated a form of mine in a database. In design view everything is how I want it. Whenever I switch into the form view, none of the new labels or check boxes I have inserted are in the position that I have placed them. They are either in another location on the form or are not being shown at all. All the controls are on "visible".

Can anybody explain this strange behaviour?
Check your "Anchoring"

If you inadvertently changed the anchoring, they can sometimes be repositioned elsewhere on the Form. Also check the Visible Properties of the controls.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have not changed the design of the form. All controls are visible and they all have the sam anchor settings.

What is the anchoring? This definitely sounds like anchoring.

What is the anchoring? This definitely sounds like anchoring.
Horizontal: left
Vertical: Upper

This is the same as with all controls on the form. I have never messed with anchoring.

This is the same as with all controls on the form. I have never messed with anchoring
Those are the defaults. So I do not know without seeing the form. But the symptoms are what happens with other anchoring and can be very frustrating if you are unaware. I was helping someone on a dB and took me forever to figure out what was happening.

If the form is too large to fit entirely within the Access window, parts of it might be hidden and you will have to scroll. But if the form has no scroll bars, you can't get to the hidden parts. This frequently happens when you are using a tab control with subforms.

Access is WISIWYG but not perfect so sometimes design view does not render exactly as you think it will. Try collapsing the ribbon if it is expanded.

Also, for now, add the two scroll bars to see if you can scroll and see the missing controls. If you can, then you have to rework the form so that everything fits. If you can't, try using a tab control and separating the controls logically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom