Teaching AI (4 Viewers)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 12:18
The other day, I had a discussion with @Pat Hartman where I explained on few occasions, Chatgpt has told me it doesn't have enough information on the question I've asked and can not answer.
I had another first-time-experience with Chatgpt and I thought I should share it here, maybe someone finds it useful.

I've set my phone to lock/unlock our home's front door when I'm within 5 meters of the entrance (using GPS). So I don't need to carry door's key.
My recent problem was that when my phone locks/unlocks the door, the notification sound was just like other sounds and I couldn't be sure if the phone behaves correctly.
So I tried to change the sound of the notification for locking to a specific sound.
But the more I dived into my phone's settings, the less I could find something to do the job.

I asked for Chatgpt help, and was given 8 possible ways, which none of them worked.
Frustrated of the AI's stupidity, I started my own research and 30 minutes later, I found a readit page which described the new versions of Sony, has a hidden advanced setting that prevents changing sound per apps. I had to deactivate that setting first to be able to do what I want.

Me, glad of having found the answer, went back and explained that Chatgpt's given solutions all were correct, and it didn't work because of a new settings in the latest update of my phone.
Chatgpt was (or at least showed to be) very excited and insisted to explain what I had found. I explained the steps, but it seems that the AI doesn't believe humans. I was asked for the source page, or something that AI can have a reference to, which I gave it the link. For a few seconds there was a message that AI is scanning the page. and later Chatgpt thanked me and asked me to test its new information. I was asked to put my question in different terms, and check if the answer it offers is correct.

So, if AI fails to give a correct answer to your question, and you find the solution later, you may want to go back to the AI and offer the solution. It may help others.

Last edited:
Without wanting to dump on ANYONE's success story, I will simply advise care. It appears that lately, "chatty" and the other AI sites are getting sued for copyright violations due to taking in someone else's copyrighted material. Before giving "chatty" a reference, take a quick peek to see if they have some kind of copyright disclaimer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom