Ticked off P/C while trying to Import Data (1 Viewer)

jo-

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:41
I've used the Import feature at least 77 times, to bring in data from excel spread sheets. I guess either I overworked my P/C or it just got mad! So now it is just refusing to give me the questions that allow me to complete the import of the data. This is what happens;
1. Open Access Database
2. Insert diskette with spreadsheet
3. Click on File/Get External Data/Import
4. Click on the .xls file
5. A few seconds pass, and it the returns to the 1st screen. It also says on the bottom left corner of the screen IMPORTING DATA WIZARD.

I'v checked the help screen, but I can't find anything. Have I just been working too long at this job, or is there some hidden button that I can't find? Thank you for your help!!!
just me jo-

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:41
This isn't always the problem, but if you have your product disk for MS Office or however you installed it, load up the disk. Start the install and see if you have a "Reinstall" option. The tag for that option correctly says it will attempt to reinstall damaged files. You don't have to redefine anything, it just reads the registry to see what your old settings were.

If your install disk doesn't support this option, then I'm not sure what is your next step.

jo-

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:41
Still not working...

Dear Doc,
Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm afraid to say that it still didn't work. Do you have any other ideas? Here is the list of things that I have tried so far;
1. Compacting
2. Re-Install
3. Add-In Managers
4. Repair

I am running out of options, and brain cells!!! Thank you again for your assistance. I hope to one day be able to assist someone too!!!
just me jo-

Shep

Shep
Local time
Today, 15:41
Perhaps a long shot here- but floppies are notoriously unstable. Have you tried copying the file to a hard disk to see whether it's whole and complete?
If it copies successfully, try importing from the copy on the hard disk. Operating systems often do not always report a problem with data transfer across some interfaces and applications sometimes act foolishly when lied to.
I'd use another floppy to test this, regardless how the current floppy acts.

Shep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom