Use one field for series name and filter in Access 2010 Pivot Chart (1 Viewer)

nstratton

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Is it possible to be able to filter by a particular field and use the same field as a series name in a Pivot Chart?

The chart is showing a count of the number of issues per supplier over a un/filtered date range. The chart is based on a query which receives criteria from a generic form to filter results accordingly in other forms.

The end user wants to be able to select a variable amount of suppliers while still being able to see the suppliers separated, if that makes sense. Right now the filter aggregates everything into one column which is undesirable.

I will am comfortable with using VBA if that is what it will take. For some reason this is now a key thing to have in this database even though they do not do anything like this currently. :banghead:

I wanted to export to Excel and do everything there, however I am completely clueless on how to do it or where to begin so I am taking a chance doing it all in Access. Information on how to get it all into Excel will be appreciated if that is indeed the easier path to take.

James Deckert

Continuing to Learn
Local time
I'm not proficient at pivot charts, but to get data into Excel - Open the table/query you want to export data from>External Data tab>Export group>Excel and walk through the wizard. If you have fields you don't want exported, create a query with only the fields and data you want in Excel.
If this process is a one time thing (or only a few times), doing it this way would probably be quickest. But if it's a regular request, you may want to research doing it the Access way.

nstratton

Registered User.
Local time
I honestly could not tell you how many times they would want to create graphs but I assume it would be a daily thing. It has been one the most stressed points about this whole project is to make graphs. I'll keep giving it a try and see what I can come up with. These charts in Access are a pain in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom