Use query to place single grand total on row, based on particular criteria. (1 Viewer)

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
I can't think for the life of me, how to do this (Think of it as can't see the wood for the trees, but have searched through all posts and maybe it's there, just not worded as such)

As you can see, I have a very simple query on an accounts form to show a running transaction history.

Identifying from the TransactionID (shown for display purposes only - normally hidden) three or four postings make up one transaction.

Using TransactionID 10 as an example, I'd like to have a sum of total [Credit]-[Debit] and have the query display on one line (either at the top of £1,429, or at the bottom of £16,995) to identify this is in fact one transaction, having three posts.

Transaction 9 will have obviously have one total, as this is a single post.

11 the same as 10, by having one total Transaction Value either at the top of the row or bottom.

Is this even possible?

Attachments

• Query.jpg
    Query.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 114

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
It's not ideal, as the query updates on the fly, and gives the user an instant view of what's going on within the Posting list. I thought this would be a much simpler way of showing the posts are more than one per transaction, and easier to view which transaction it is

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Well either I am unaware of a solution you want, or I am not able to understand your problem. I thought this might give you the "feel good" look for something you wanted ! Maybe someone else would be able to give you a better solution. Sorry could not be of much help !

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks anyway pr2. ;)

Maybe what I'm after isn't possible... ? I'm sure someone will advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom