Using Access knowledge 25 years after learning it

kevin_maher

Local time
Today, 22:56
Hi all

My name's Kevin and I'm working at a Childcare Training company in Brisbane, Australia. After learning Access as part of a Bachelor of IT that I got in Nelson, NZ back in the very late 90s, I have now been able to make use of that knowledge. It's only taken about 23+ years of office jobs to get to this point!

Came across this site while looking up how to do a few things and thus refresh my memory, and whenever I see this one in the search listings I go to it first because the answers here from you fellow posters are of very high quality, so thank you for that.

I live in the Gold Coast so commute each day and as for hobbies, I'm a model railway enthusiast so am the Secretary and Treasurer of the Gold Coast Model Railway Club. Word to the wise, don't get on committees or you'll have a job for life....

Cheers

Kevin

Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Hello, Kevin, and welcome to the forum.

Word to the wise, don't get on committees or you'll have a job for life....

There are variants of that in the USA related to the U.S. Navy where I was a contractor for systems administration. "Don't admit you know XXXX because that will become your blessing and curse for the rest of your career." I admitted to knowing about Access maybe about 20 years ago and suddenly the engineering group had this Access database that needed just a little help...

Hi Kevin. Welcome. I spent a month in Australia a lifetime ago with my baby brother. We had a blast. Loved you all to pieces. Loved the gold coast too. Can't remember the year but I think the World's Fair or some other big exhibition was happening in Brisbane. Had two birthdays that year;) Was really impressed with the Southern Cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom