Using Data to produce a 'Gantt Chart'

spooner

Local time
Today, 07:50
Hi,

I've recently decided to revamp my company's method of tracking current projects.

The current methods is an excel based spreadsheet that has tabs for employees, holidays, training, (about 90 tabs of calculations) and one final sheet that brings it all together to show what projects people are on, when they are on holiday on those jobs and when these jobs are, an example of what this looks like is attached:

I've so far created a database with all the relevant information, however i'm completely confused now as how to or even if it is possible to collate all this data into a format like the screenshot, similar to a gantt chart. I've also attached a screenshot of my relationships to show how I've got everything connected.

Mostly the way that each of the tables are connected are via query's and drop down boxes in case that helps.

Good luck to anyone who can help me out with this, and thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot of staffsheet.jpg
    Screenshot of staffsheet.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3,283
  • Relationships.png
    Relationships.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,796
Last edited:
I've so far created a database with all the relevant information, however i'm completely confused now as how to or even if it is possible to collate all this data into a format like the screenshot, similar to a gantt chart.
As plog wrote, it is a pain to make that in MS-Access, because there are some limits, one of them is the width, forms/reports can only be 57.79 cm width, which is reached fast, when data is displayed horizontal like you wish it.
If you are experienced with VBA, I would suggest you to collect data in a MS-Access database and then create the Gantt cards in Excel using VBA-code.
I have attached a picture showing project statuses per day and week, (different colors for different status).
Sorry for that it is so blurred, but it is to hide the details which are not to be published.

Attachments

• Gantt.jpg
    Gantt.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,330

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom