Using Expression Builder in Forms

DB505050

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
I want to call up the Expression builder in an Access Form, and save the result as a string variable to use in a SQL string. Is this possible?

Actually, also what would work for me is if somehow the user could type in a text box and it automatically called up the tables/functions/etc. just as it does in expression builder. What I want is this auto lookup feature.

My goal is to use this built expression as part of a sql string. I want the user to be able to use the neat auto-lookup features of the expression builder.

Thank you!

What are you trying to accomplish here (in plain English)? If the users do have enough competencies to manipulate the Expression Builder, then let them - let them make their own queries (no point in recreating existing functionality). If they don't, then what is the point?

I want this functionality even for myself. In my line of work, we often have two tables with a matching field that you WOULD join on, but it has characters appended to the end. The solution is normally to create a query with a MID() function, and/or make a table from that, THEN link the tables together.

This is time consuming and is a repeated thing that could be simplified. I am building a form to make this link very automatic and I want to be able to call the expression builder (or at least to auto-lookup the functions and fields, much like SQL server always does in script or VBA while typing) because it ensures more accuracy in naming fields, etc.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom