VBA errors with Access in non-English language (1 Viewer)

ebs17

Local time
Today, 08:56
you'll get Future Error anyway if you passed a value more than 255
Sure, just like when you pass 'Susi' to a long variable. The world of errors is there to be used.
The case that has been discussed at length here is that you obviously do the right thing and still get an error.

EL_Gringo

Local time
Today, 00:56
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

SQL and VBA speak English.
But if you work with assistants (design view for queries, forms, reports, code generator), function names and spellings are adapted there to the used national language, and then also such output as in the immediate window to regional settings. On the one hand, something like that may help, on the other hand, it helps to increase confusion, and as a side effect you then have such incomprehensible things as here in the topic.

Take it and learn to control it.
OK, perhaps we are getting somewhere here. I now searched every setting option in Access and searched Google to find where to turn off assistants (which I am not aware of to be using), no such luck. Any idea?

ebs17

Local time
Today, 08:56
The behavior discussed cannot be turned off or I don't know how. One can only treat it.

Turning off assistants makes no sense. The benefit is greater than the problems that have been stored away. Handling should be conscious and, if possible, reserved. For example, I only use the graphical view when designing queries for the first simple routine work. I switch relatively quickly to the SQL view and work directly with the SQL text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom