Versin Problems

sherry.hodges

Local time
Today, 04:42
Anyone using 2010 but have users in 2007? I have a user who can not access some of the items in the new database...I can't seem to find a feature that will let me save it into a lower version. HELP!

If you have A2007 users, you can't use A2010 features. Once you have even tested and removed an A2010 feature some internal switch seems to get set and you can't use the database in A2007 anymore.

Try creating a new empty database. then import all the objects, set the startup properties and references if necessary. Make sure you don't copy any objects that use A2010 features or this won't work either.

Re: Version Problems

Thank you will give it a try!

Hi Sherry, I've had the same problem. I created the application in Access 2010 and sent it to users who had 2007 installed on their PCs. It seemed to work fine up until last week as I thought that 2010 was backword compatible to 2007. However, this week somehow my file got changed from an .accdb file to and .mdb and my users still could not open the file I'd sent them.
Pat,
I tried what you suggested but still no success. I think this all started when I tried to use the 2010 Ribbon customisation which messed up something. Problem is 2007 ribbon customisation does not appear to easy as I do not know XML and do not have 2007. Any other ideas as to how I get round this problem.
Thanks in advance, ekayp

You can customize the ribbon in an A2010 "test" database. Then export the XML and import it into the USysRibbons table in A2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom