Question Want to take a 2007 DB and publish it online... (1 Viewer)

Sydcomebak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:27
First off, let me say that I would not even have a DB worth publishing if it weren't for many people on this site freely giving of their time to help me when I ran into roadblocks with code, layout or normalization.

My DB is for a real estate company and right now it is fantastic for on-site keeping track of houses for sale, sold, etc. I made it for free for my dad, and now his boss wants to take that information and several reports and make them available online to potential buyers.

I have not clue 1 what the next step is here. This is my first real DB in Access, and I don't really want to go the MySQL/PHP route. I know that microsoft has a sharepoint application, and I was wondering if that's what I need for this?

Right now, the DB is split in two between tables and forms/reports.

Function-wise, we need to be able to use forms locally, and update the website on occasion. Customers need to be able to view what houses are currently for sale (I have reports for this already) in their browser.

If you know a lot about how to do something like this, I'd appreciate it if you posted stepping stones for me to look into.

Thanks!

elbowman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:27
At the risk of having the blind lead the blind, since I too am a relative Access newbie...
I'm exploring publishing a web-enabled Access database which I'm designing in Access 2010, using the Issues web-enabled template as a base. Yes, using Sharepoint server will be the key to getting it accessable online. Microsoft offers several web-enabled templates you can start building from. I'm not sure how far you've gone with your initial application, but checking out these template may get you started in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom