What is a Framework and why would Access developers use one? with John Colby

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 12:04

Please join us tonight.

This presentation takes our discussion of classes and subclasses to the next level: a Framework or Library. Join John and bring your questions and ideas.

Classes store all of the code and data about an object in one place. We usually store classes in the Front End accdb we develop it in.

But what happens when we need to re-use a class in several project FEs? We can do that with a library. However, normally classes cannot be seen outside the container in which they reside without specifically and intentionally exposing them.

Oh, no. How did I miss this? I was looking forward to this one. How did it go?

It was a good presentation and discussion. John explained what he means by a framework in the context of a specific Access database application. He described how he creates and uses a Light Weight Security module in applications.

I haven't started editing for YouTube yet. The raw recording is just over two hours. I'll work on it over the weekend.

Thanks George. I'll review it as soon as it gets posted.

Hi George, I did not see the presentation but am interested in most things John does. I'll be watching for the edited YT.
Jack

I think John is planning a follow up series of YouTube videos himself. I'm excited about that possibility. I already modified some of my own code based on his explanation of the Framework concept.

I think John is planning a follow up series of YouTube videos himself. I'm excited about that possibility. I already modified some of my own code based on his explanation of the Framework concept.
That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom