why won't a line print under 1st instance of detail record in subreport? (1 Viewer)

tsf.admin

Local time
Today, 11:02
In a subreport, I have a line that prints under each detail record EXCEPT that it won't print for the very first main record. I have spent all day trying to figure out why the first record is different and the line won't print this. I really shouldn't have spent so much time on this ridiculous line, but wondering if anyone has any clues. Below, I have simulated what is happening. The first main record's detail data will not print a line under detail data 1. All the rest of the 600 pages have the line between detail rows even if they only have 1 detail record. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Main record - address 1
detail data 1

Main record - address 2
detail data 1
--------------

Main record - address 3
detail data 1
-------------
detail data 2
-------------
detail data 3
-------------
detail data 4
-------------

Main record - address 4
detail data 1
-------------

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 08:02
In a subreport, I have a line that prints under each detail record EXCEPT that it won't print for the very first main record. I have spent all day trying to figure out why the first record is different and the line won't print this. I really shouldn't have spent so much time on this ridiculous line, but wondering if anyone has any clues. Below, I have simulated what is happening. The first main record's detail data will not print a line under detail data 1. All the rest of the 600 pages have the line between detail rows even if they only have 1 detail record. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Main record - address 1
detail data 1

Main record - address 2
detail data 1
--------------

Main record - address 3
detail data 1
-------------
detail data 2
-------------
detail data 3
-------------
detail data 4
-------------

Main record - address 4
detail data 1
-------------
We probably need to see the way the line is defined to have any idea of what the problem really is. However, I'm guessing it has to do with the section (header or detail) where you defined the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom