Solved Wildcard IP address in phpMyadmin linked to MS Access (1 Viewer)

nector

Local time
Today, 05:15
Now the last part I'm struggling with is how to make a wildcart IP address which will allow connection for all IP addresses in the range. Here is my public IP address which which I use

Public IP address = 41.224.117.250
Submask = 255.255.255.0

Now how do I make a wildcard IP address from it ? And then how how is it going to be captured in phpMyadmin?? See the phpMyAdmin form attached.

phpMyadmin.png

Why do you need a wildcard?
I assume it allows the use of wildcards to allow a small range of addresses to be used, but you only have the one from what you are describing.

Edit: Re-reading that it's asking for a host name, not an IP address. Read the documentation link.

You may be asking the "wrong" question. In my situation, the ability to login is established by the database, not phpMyadmin. Accessing phpMyadmin is accomplished through the browser. Based on your screenshot, you are apparently referring to MySQL, a database.

Additionally, you are asking about the public IP address. I can't answer that part of your question. Please be aware that your public IP address could change, unless it is fixed (unchangeable) by the ISP. Is your question related to the (internet) public IP address or a local IP address on your LAN?

As a quickie, I found this post. Please be aware that it is 11 years old.

Last edited:
Point taken and thanks for the correction to all contributors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom