Question Win 7 64 bit + Access 2010 SP1 errors (1 Viewer)

smagnotta

Local time
Today, 03:24
Hi all,

We are using Win 7/Access 2010 (MS Office Professional Plus 2010) SP1. Our application is an accdb file (Switchboard main menu), with an accdb back-end which holds the data. It has evolved over 7 years from the mdb format to the accdb format.

We are seeing 3 major errors that have not occurred under Windows XP with Office 2003 or Office 2007, or Win 7 with Office 2007 (we never saw them before). We think it's an Office 2010 SP1 issue.

I tried decompiling the main app, re-compiling and then doing a Compact and Repair, with no success. I also eliminated the opening of the main menu upon Access load, but that did not help either. I attempted to use the Basic Windows format (no Aero effects) and other performance saving measures with no success.

The laptop has an i7 Core processor, 8 GIG RAM, and 400 GIG hard drive space available - plenty to run this application.

The errors are:

1- System resource exceeded
2- Not enough memory or disk space to undo this operation. Continue? (this occurs after the "System resource exceeded" error occurs)
3- Microsoft Access has stopped working. Windows can try to recover your information and restart the program. --> Restart the Program

For the "System resource exceeded" error, I found a hotfix which may fix the problem, but Microsoft's emailing service for the hotfix is currently down.

Any help is appreciated.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 00:24
I have heard that SP1 of Office 2010 does cause some problems and you should probably revert to the NON SP1 version until such time as they come out with SP2.

smagnotta

Local time
Today, 03:24
Thanks for the replies. I tried to uninstall Service Pack 1 and got "An Unknown error occurred. The update was not uninstalled." so it was not uninstalled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom