Question Help converting NorthWind 2013 web based to Desktop version (1 Viewer)

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:20
I'm only guessing but might it be in the Macros Utilities file that I'm having a problem?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, I wanted the converted file. This is the web version.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry about that-Trying to do this while at work. Also to let you know that when I import the files to a blank database I clicked all the options on the left side for the Options Tab Do not know if that has any bearing on the problem. I would like to Thank You for all your help that you have given me. :)

Attachments

• NorthWind2013Converted File.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 165

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, I see the problem. The Forms no longer have the same Properties. I can fix that but I need to know which Form you want to open first.

Side note: Please be patient grandkids visiting till next week so I am off and on

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
No problem-Grand Kids always come first.
I would like the database to open with the login so I can keep track of who takes care of the customers. Then after the login it should go to the Main Page. In the settings table there is a check box to click if I want the start up screen to open. I would also like to have that same option available. The first zip file I sent you is how I would like it to work if you could. Thanks so much Enjoy your Grand Kids! :):):):):)

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, I will get to that a bit later... dinner time (we are all hungry) and I've been having a bit of fun with the kids! :D

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
So, here's the problem... the web version has validation geared towards Sharepoint, once the file is converted Sharepoint validation no longer works. I have been able to get the log on form to open first nad then open the main form by double click or clicking the button but there is no validation. That portion would have to written as it does not exist. My suggestion would be to decide how far you want to go with the validation and then do that unless you just want a log on menu and nothing else.

Attachments

• EPAStockroom Converted V2.zip
    822.1 KB · Views: 159

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I see what you are saying-I think I should just leave it the way it is in the zip I am sending you. The files are all converted to desktop which I needed and I will just have to go to the Main file and open that up and then it will do what it is suppose to do. Some of the forms in the recent zip you sent me really needs validation and we could really keep going with this but is it worth it. What would really help is that I have no need to put in dollar values for the products since we just keep track of inventory and not cost. The fields that have to do with dollar amounts will not let me keep it at zero or NA.( eg Product Details or Customer Order Form) it keeps asking for a non zero positive price but I do not have a price for it. How can it be made to accept 0 or na. I have included a zip for you if you need to work on.

Attachments

• NorthWinds Good File.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 168

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
You need to change the Data Type of the field at the TAble Level not the Form Level where it has no impact. Change that field to TEXT and you will then be able to enter NA. To get rid of the validation just remove it from the General tab while Design Mode of the Table... just click on the Field to see the validation applied.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I have changed all tables to text where need be and removed the validation rules which needed to be removed. Still having the problem with the error message "Please specify unit cost greater than zero". The Forms I am having problems with are Forms-OrderDetail, Form-PurchaseOrderDetail, Form OrderList, Form-ProductDetail, Form-PurchaseDetail. If I go in Design mode for the Forms listed above top left corner of the forms there are 2 expressions that I think may be causing the problem. I would like to have anything that has to do with money or cost left blank and not ask for a dollar value over "0". I decided that the login sheet doesn't need to open when I start th database. When I need to use NorthWind I just go to the Form-Main and open it from there. The login pops up and able to login then the dashboard opens up. This way works for the Forms that need validation like Purchase Orders and other forms that need the validation from the login. If I remove the validation the forms do not work. If you can figure out the greater than zero problem then I think the issues will be resolved. :banghead:

Attachments

• NorthWind 2013 TEST5.zip
    1 MB · Views: 143

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Grandchildren were visiting and then I had to play catch up, I will look at your database tomorrow!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, well reading your post 30 totally confused me as I don't know which Form is causing what error BUT based on what you are saying I believe the problem is at the Table level where I see some fields have validation applied. You need to go into Design Mode of each table and remove the validation (unless you want it there).

Oh, removing it from the Form does not help unless you also remove it at the Table level.

gilgil2000

Local time
Today, 14:20
Hi GinaWhipp As per post 27 or web form templete am looking for
Kindly attached access file, all i need is to
1- product is related to Category and linked together
but i need when i open new customer order OR new Purchase order to have category drop box and when i choose category it filters product as per category level

IF you please can help me

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
@gilgil2000

Welcome to the Forum! :D

I am not sure what you are asking for. I don't see any attached file and even if you did you have not posted what you tried and what is not working.

gilgil2000

Local time
Hi GinaWhipp as attached file
1- product is related to Category and linked together
but i need when i open new customer order OR new PURCHASE ORDER to have category drop box and when i choose category it filters product as per category level

the problem that category drop box doesn't filter product list that matches with specified category

Attachments

• Northwind2010Client.zip
    600.4 KB · Views: 137

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Huh? It's a new Purchase Order and/or Customer Order so not quite sure I get that. Unless you mean you want to bring up a pop-up of Products then filter and then add to the Order. If that is the case then you need to build the pop-up first.

Or if you are just wanting to filter by Category in the Product List then have a look here...
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

...or you could also just use the Filter Form property.

gilgil2000

Local time
Hii
As per attached file if you opened Access and choose "New Customer Order"
I did match Category with Product list ; As i choose category it filters product that matches Category i choose ; problem am facing is when i choose category in first column and then i choose product and move to second line and change category it change also 1st column , so is there is any way to stop 1st column from changing with second record :banghead:

Attachments

• Northwind2010Client11.zip
    691.8 KB · Views: 148

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
That is because your Category Combo Box is UNBOUND, You must set a Control Source for that control. This also means you will need to add the field to your underlining table.

tif

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:20
Hi. I have been trying to modify the Northwind2010Client Desktop database I got from the forum to allow $0.00 entries for list price and standard cost. In the previous posts for this thread, GinaWhipp instructed Larzee1 to remove the validation from the Products table in the field Design View. I have gone into design view and checked the field settings. It says Default=0 but nothing under validation. When I delete the Default=0 Expression, I still get the error "must specify non zero price list". I believe Larzee1 was able to resolve this by changing the field to text and entering NA. However, I need to be able to enter $0.00. Can you please tell me why I am still getting the error and how to fix it? Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Northwind2010Client.zip
    547.1 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom