Question Help converting NorthWind 2013 web based to Desktop version (1 Viewer)

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:34
I am new to this forum hopefully someone can help me out.
I saw that Access Junkie has a download for desktop version for 2010 NorthWind Product Inventory. I would like to know if Access Junkie has a zip for 2013 NorthWind Desktop Product Inventory Database. I started using the template from Microsoft not realizing that it is a web based version and I had imputed a lot of data not realizing I had no design mode or could not use the relationships button. I am hoping that I can obtain this since I am not that computer savvy to convert it on my own. Thanks in advance for any help.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Not that I have ever seen but if you like we can help you thru converting your existing database.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
We can give it a try. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise and Microsoft Office 2013. I would like to convert NorthWind 2013 Web Based to Desktop version so I can use Design Mode and Relationships Button . Please take it slow since I am not that familiar with programming.:banghead:

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all your help it worked out Great! I have been able to convert all web based files in NorthWind 2013 to Desktop except FetchLoginID and StartupScreen. I have tried to convert these Forms just like I did the others but it will not convert. The FetchloginID Form I assume splashes the Employee Login screen up then when you click a login name the StartupScreen opens up. Without these two Forms my converted Desktop version doesn't perform these opertions. I have tried everything but I have not been able to get these to convert. These two Forms if we can get them working will complete the conversion 100%. :banghead:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I am confused I can only find the Northwind 2010 database, can you provide a link to the 2013 one you downloaded

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, I also can't find what you are talking about when you say *FetchLoginID* as mine opens to the Login form which after slecting a name open to the Main Form, so I really need a link as to what you donwloaded.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I found the template by opening Access 2013 then going to the File Tab then File>New. Then look for Desktop Product Inventory 2013. Thats the template I used for the download. Then according to the instructions in the link you sent me I made a blank database and then imported the files from the web based template according to the instructions in the link to make it a desktop template. The two forms that I listed FetchLoginID and StartupScreen are the only two forms I was not able to convert to desktop no matter what I tried. All the other files converted fine. These two forms which must be stopping the Login page from loading when I start up the DesktopProduct Inventory Datadase. :banghead:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, okay that one is a different one, so let me go look at that one...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
The *FetchLoginID* form is the Main from. so if you have the Main Form then you're good. I cannot get the start up screen to save as a Client Form but that one should be required to run the database. WHat problem are experiencing that makes you think you need that one?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, I am stubborn :D and got those Forms converted. Well, the Main one was easy but the FetchLoginID was a bit of a pain. Anyway, just import those Forms into your Client version.

Attachments

• DPI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 263

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
So what your saying is that I do not need those forms? When I start up the Desktop version of Product Inventory it will not load the employee login screen which when you select an employee and click select it is suppoe to go to the main screen. I need this to happen to keep track of who is logging in to use the database. All the other files converted fine but these two. When I use the web based database the login box comes up and I select an employee and it works. It seems that without these two forms the desktop version will not work correctly.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Your last replay crossed when I sent my last post, sorry I did try to import the forms by right right click on them then clicked on access in the drop down and went through the prompts and it said I could not complete the operation. How did you import them and did they work when you imported them.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I see that you sent a zip file. Thanks so much! I will work on it at work tomorrow and let you know how it works out. Thanks for all you help. Your support in this matter has just been Great!!

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the zip file. I tried everything to get NorthWind to work in desktop to work but could not. I did some trial and error test databases with NorthWind 2013 and have concluded that the problem is when I convert the web tables into desktop the problem with the log in screen opening up doesn't work properly. When I try a test NorthWind 2013 database I converted all files except the web tables and start up NorthWinds the start up screen and login work great but when I convert all files to desktop the problem with the login not opening up comes back. I'm at a loss. :banghead:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Please upload your converted file, I might be able to spot the difference.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I tried to download as an attachment and message says it exceeds the 2MB limit. The file is 8036KB. It is bare bones with no entries in it. How do I get the file to you.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Did you zip it? Hmm, might be because you are under 10 posts. Okay so maybe your next post will let you upload.

larzee1

Registered User.
Local time
I zipped the file for you. I just learned how to zip-never knew how before Thanks

Attachments

• NorthWind2013.zip
    997.4 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom