Dange Range as a criteria (1 Viewer)

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi guys,

I'm humbly asking your help on my project

My code goes this way under criteria in query, but it produces incomplete data. Based on my initial finding, it excludes the first week of every month.
Code:
Between [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo]

The reason behind using date range is to allow users to have flexibility to view certain date range not just for the current month but also the past months.

Last edited:

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
i am puzzled why the error happens though the format of dates(no time stamp) matches the format of date using a date picker on my form. However, there are dates that are not existing on query data like weekends and if there are no data at all to include pertaining to other dates.

Last edited:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I think there must be something else going on. I can't see any way the code you posted would exclude the first week of every month. Are you using american date formats (mm/dd/yyyy). If not that might be the problem. Check out this site. In the link you will find the following function that will convert dates.

Code:
Function SQLDate(varDate As Variant) As String
    'Purpose:    Return a delimited string in the date format used natively by JET SQL.
    'Argument:   A date/time value.
    'Note:       Returns just the date format if the argument has no time component,
    '                or a date/time format if it does.
    'Author:     Allen Browne. [email]allen@allenbrowne.com[/email], June 2006.
    If IsDate(varDate) Then
        If DateValue(varDate) = varDate Then
            SQLDate = Format$(varDate, "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
        Else
            SQLDate = Format$(varDate, "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy hh\:nn\:ss\#")
        End If
    End If
End Function

If this is not the problem could you upload you database so that we could take a further look.

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah it follows that format. Sorry I could upload it here since it contains confidential data. However, there are dates that are not existing on query data like weekends and if there are no data at all to include pertaining to other dates. Would that matter?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:37
then you have to recheck your data, if it is indeed correct.

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Arnel,

I have checked the result produces by query vs. the data in my database, but again the first week is missing, to be exact is 9 days. It happens on every month

arnelgp

Local time
is that the only criteria or just a fragment of it?

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
The only criteria im using is the beginning of the month and the end of the month

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I suggest making a copy of the query and then started testing it piece by piece. For example take out the Between criteria and replace it with

>=[Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom]

run the query with the form open and some date in txtFrom and see what the results are. Just keep poking at it until you figure it out.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:37
If you remove the date criteria from your query and sort the query results by date and scroll through do you see the data you are expecting in the order you would expect?

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Bu that produces records beginning that certain day and onward but i just have to view records for certain date range

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
The only criteria im using is the beginning of the month and the end of the month

For tesing I suggest adding an expression to your query so that you can see what the criteria is. For example add

From Date: CStr([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom] )

Also please tell us how you are determining the first and end dates of the month.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Bu that produces records beginning that certain day and onward but i just have to view records for certain date range

Yes but this is just for testing. The point is to see if that test is also excluding the first weeks of the months.

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Hi sneuberg

I'm just choosing the first day of the month and the end day of the month using a date picker

Last edited:

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
Yes but this is just for testing. The point is to see if that test is also excluding the first weeks of the months.

Yeah, it shows all and nothing is missing. I could not figure out the issue if I set an end date to limit the data which query produces.

Last edited:

arnelgp

Local time
how about this criteria:

Where Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")>=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom],"yyyymmdd") And Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")<=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo],"yyyymmdd")

fritz.panganiban

Registered User.
Local time
how about this criteria:

Where Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")>=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtFrom],"yyyymmdd") And Format([dateField],"yyyymmdd")<=Format([Forms]![frmDateRange]![txtTo],"yyyymmdd")

Using this code produces no record since the format in my date picker is mm/dd/yyyy

arnelgp

Local time
it doesn't matter what format you have in the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom