Lets Stop George Bush before he Destroys the Whole Planet Earth. (1 Viewer)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 07:49
It's nice to know he still has some support.
Pity the aliens can't vote.

Yes they can - don't Travolta, Cruise and all their Scientology chums believe they came from Venus? Perhaps Georgie is the re-incarnation of L Ron himself.....

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
Never heard of it.

I had some Gatoraid the other day in an airport - is was awful, I binned it after two swigs.

Col

Gatorade is an electrolite and salt replacement drink. You're supposed to drink it after a serious round of exercise with excessive perspiring.
I can't think of any reason why you would drink it unless you have to although it is making it's way into the vending machines here as well. It's being marketed like a soft drink "a healthy version of Coke for guys with ripped abs".

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
No, just not so many

What about Tony B et al?

It has been my experience that "nutters" in the UK are generally referred to by more pleasant names, like eccentric.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 02:49
Gatorade is an electrolite and salt replacement drink. You're supposed to drink it after a serious round of exercise with excessive perspiring.
I can't think of any reason why you would drink it unless you have to although it is making it's way into the vending machines here as well. It's being marketed like a soft drink "a healthy version of Coke for guys with ripped abs".

And a smoker with bad ticker doesn't exactly paint the picture of a health nut does it... No wonder he hated it :p

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
It's available in a number of different flavours. Some are almost drinkable. Most taste like bin feed.
Next time I see some in the corner store, I think I'll do a label check. Calories, carbs etc. between Coke and Gatorade.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

It was on sale in a vending machine at Stansted Airport in Essex. I had heard of it in one of Paul Simons' songs (Papa Hobo I think) so decided to try it, I had no idea it was a health type drink, like Lucozade.

KenHigg said:
And a smoker with bad ticker doesn't exactly paint the picture of a health nut does it... No wonder he hated it

I can't quite see what having a heart problem has to do with the like or dislike of a drink, can you expand on this theory please? (or will you do what you normally do and ignore any pressing questions)

Are you saying that anyone who does not have a heart problem would like it?

Col

Local time
Today, 01:49
Hmmm...Gatorade tastes pretty bad, unless you're dehydrated. I used to love to gulp down a bottle after (American) football practice.

Definitely not a health drink...it's designed to keep extreme athletes hydrated, especially those who play (American) football in the extreme Florida climate.

I think it has a rather high sodium level which might make it undesirable for heart patients, especially those with high blood pressure.

KenHigg

Local time
Hmmm...Gatorade tastes pretty bad, unless you're dehydrated. I used to love to gulp down a bottle after (American) football practice.

Definitely not a health drink...it's designed to keep extreme athletes hydrated, especially those who play (American) football in the extreme Florida climate.

I think it has a rather high sodium level which might make it undesirable for heart patients, especially those with high blood pressure.

And a lot of smokers I've seen have a hard time catching their breath, much less breaking a sweat so dehydration is rarely an issue :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
And a lot of smokers I've seen have a hard time catching their breath, much less breaking a sweat so dehydration is rarely an issue :p

I don't smoke, but I got dehydrated standing still in Texas. :D

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Yep, I got him.

Brian

Damn having read it I feel so stupid, guess my trip down South fried my brains.

Last edited:

Wayne Cramer

Registered User.
Local time
Looking at the candidates for November I'm ready to give george Bush a third term.

KenHigg

Local time
Yeah... I just saw loud mouth talking trash and being bold now that she don't have to live up to any of it....

Wayne Cramer

Registered User.
Local time
Vice president? I have two words for Obama if he's thinking this - Vince Foster. She would be just a heartbeat away from the presidency and I think the Clinton's know how to stop the heartbeat of those who get in their way.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
What actually is a 'running mate'? Is that the person who would be Vice Prez if the leader gets in?

If not, what is the purpose of this 'running mate'?

Col

R

Rich

What actually is a 'running mate'? Is that the person who would be Vice Prez if the leader gets in?

If not, what is the purpose of this 'running mate'?

Col

It's the one that'll take over when Barak gets bumped off and then he or she'll lead them even further into the mire, like Johnson..........................

statsman

Local time
Truth be told, there are very few US Vice Presidents who did not leave office much better golfers than when they started.
I think Hillary will probably be offered the VP nod, but as she has struck me as being an all or nothing sort, she'll probably turn it down.

The concept of running mate goes back to the early days of the US. Both the President and Vice President had to be from the same party. Otherwise, if you had a Republican president and a Democrat vice president and the Congress was controlled by the Democrats, the Democrats might just cook up some phony charges, impeach the president and get their man in as president.
No references, that was the way it was explained to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom