Suggestions for accounting (1 Viewer)

SydneyBarrett

Local time
Today, 01:48
I'm seeking accounting app option or a good invoicing. I believed I 'd be more successful finding something that was free. It appears like every software that advertises as a free app isn't truly free. I 'm at least looking for a nice looking invoice template that I can use to create invoices for my customers, if I can't find an invoicing app that's free. If I can find something for a word processor that I do not have to pay for that would be best. Please, don't urge invoice templates from programs that cost money, like Microsoft products. :)

Once I find something good I will make sure to pay it forward in others and in this newsgroup.

Thanks for your help web! ;)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:48
I would pay for a decent accounting software instead of spending my time and effort to reinvent the wheel. I have use QuickBooks and believe it is economically priced and versatile, especially when compared to the time and money you would have to put into a custom app.

However, have you looked at any of the various Northwind database templates? It might have some invoicing capability. Can download from MS template library. In Access2010 > File > New > Business > scroll to the bottom.

Last edited:

SydneyBarrett

Local time
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look!

robert_mann

Registered User.
Local time
I 'm at least looking for a nice looking invoice template that I can use to create invoices for my customers, if I can't find an invoicing app that's free. ;)

Yes you are right man. I didn't find any software full free yet. Not even any app. A few app only give some of its options for free and charges for the premium account. Previously I used QB but quit as it was a pricey solution for me. Then for invoice template I started to use ZipBooks. I am not telling you that its a full free software but most of its options are still free. So it may helps.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:48
You won't find a full accounting package for free.

However, have either of you checked the free templates supplied with Access 2010 onwards e.g. Time & Billing Database template

This is the default invoice report which can of course be customised

Whilst I'm sure its not fully featured, it should get you started

Attachments

• Invoice.PNG
    Invoice.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,234
Last edited:

fusiondesigner

Registered User.
Local time
Yes you are right man. I didn't find any software full free yet. Not even any app. A few app only give some of its options for free and charges for the premium account. Previously I used QB but quit as it was a pricey solution for me. Then for invoice template I started to use ZipBooks. I am not telling you that its a full free software but most of its options are still free. So it may helps.

Thanks.

Good idea! I will try it.

Last edited:

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
You won't find a full accounting package for free.

However, have either of you checked the free templates supplied with Access 2010 onwards e.g. Time & Billing Database template

This is the default invoice report which can of course be customised

Whilst I'm sure its not fully featured, it should get you started

I like it. Bloody beauty mate.
:D

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:48
I'd completely forgotten this post
Glad you liked it!

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Looks good. Kinda works in well with landscaping jobs/projects. Haven't had a good look at it yet but glad I found it. Might be better suited to my needs then the Northwind Services Template. Weird how if I search in Access for templates like this it seems to suggest heaps more in Excel & other Office apps rather than Access. I had to search for a while to find it. Glad you posted it or I wouldn't know it exists.
Cheers Colin

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
[solved] Suggestions for accounting

I'm seeking accounting app option...

You will not believe this but your search for what you seek is free, full of utility and did I mention it is free? It is called waveapps. They have a really great receipt scanning app that is free too.

https://www.waveapps.com/

If you are a happy camper please mark your post [SOLVED]. If you have questions on wave send me a PM or reply.

Edit: Wave will let you export all your data to .csv and receipts can be exported in bulk too! So I have been working on a database to import that data to so I can do all the analytics I want.

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Re: [solved] Suggestions for accounting

https://www.waveapps.com/

If you are a happy camper please mark your post [SOLVED]. If you have questions on wave send me a PM or reply.

Looks good but unfortunately no payroll function outside US or Canada, not that I really need it. Still, nice setup. Gave me some ideas on database design etc. My current business is relatively simple (sole trader) so pretty easy to manage etc. I'm actually enjoying designing my own database....I like a challenge. If I still owned a restaurant with numerous employees, I could of used this app then, but luckily I got out of the restaurant business before it killed me....or I killed my business partner in it....say no more :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom