Need help with look ups and combo boxes (1 Viewer)

Brian0721PA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:15
Okay, here is my situation. I have 2 option groups set up. One option group has the names of employees. The second group has the months of the year, as well as 1st Quarter, 2nd, Quarter, 3rd Quarter, 4th Quarter, and Total Year. I want the user to be able to choose an employee and a month and bring up a report on that person. I have a query for each employee that has the information for them. I also have a query for each month. I'm not sure if that is more work that I need, but I would like to find out. How can I make this work out? Should I stick with option groups, should I goto combo boxes? What would be the best way to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Brian

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
Take the names from a combo box and use an option group for the report selection.

Useing a comob box for the names allows you to add or remove employess from the system without changing the form itself.

Useing option groups for the report selection would allow you to use the same report in many ways. Since you have 17 different selections, you dont wnat to create 17 different reports. You should create 1 report for the monthly, one report for the quarterly, and on for the yearly (if they differ that much). If the reports all look the same except for the data and titles, then you could even use one report for all choices and change the titles and data based off of thier selections.

Brian0721PA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:15
Thanks for the response. My next question would be this. Do I have to make different queries for each month, quarter, etc.? Because I only want data from each specific month in the report. What would the code look like on this?

Thanks a ton!

Brian

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
Say for the months, you should only need to filter the query with criteria. What I have done is thrown together an example that illistrates the Select Case statement. What this does is allows you to select an individual and a report. What you could do with this is pass the values to your query which the report is based.
The frm will trigger the report which is base off of the query that uses the selection critera as a filter.

I am a bit rusty on the procedure, so I will review how to do it and get back with you. You might try posting a question on passing the varible in the report section of these forums, since you now have the way of getting the form together.

Attachments

• examp.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom