Change front in one field - split form (1 Viewer)

MattioMatt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:02
Is it possible to change the font for one field on a split form?

I'm trying to introduce a Status indicator (green or red circle). I had planned to use 'Webdings' front. The letter 'n' gives me the icon I'd like to use, then was planning to use conditional formatting to change the colour to green or red using an if statement.

However what I am noticing is that whilst the front has changed in design view, in form view it is still the previous font. I can't work out why it won't change?

Attachments

• designview.PNG
    designview.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 53
  • fromview.PNG
    fromview.PNG
    988 bytes · Views: 50

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't use split forms because of their limitations, but my guess would be you are talking about the datasheet part of the form, in which case you cannot change the font of a particular column.

MattioMatt

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks CJ,

I like having the split forms as the datasheet part makes it easier for filtering the data with the inbuilt filters. I think I may need to change the design of the form though to achieve what I'd like to do. Is it easy to apply filters to a continuous form?

Would what I'd like to do work if I used a continuous form as apposed to a split form?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
As CJ appears to be off-line I'll step in.
Yes a continuous sub-form designed to look like a datasheet will give you much more control over the display of the individual elements.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
back online now - for an hour or so anyway

It is very easy to design your own 'split form' with a lot more control of what appears where

1. Create a continuous form of the data you want to appear.

2. in this form put the following code into the current event

on error resume next 'in case parent not available
me.parent.filter="ID=" & me.ID 'where ID is the primary key to your table, change as required
me.parent.filteron=true

save and close the form

3. in your main form, drag the continuous form into the footer section, size and locate as required.

4. in the subform properties, remove any values in the linkchild/master properties

That's it

MattioMatt

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you both, you've been so helpful. I'll look to change my design on a couple of my forms to be able to do what I'd like to do with it.
Once again thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom