User Updates on Front end database not updating Back End (1 Viewer)

niallmacmillan

Local time
Today, 07:14
Hi All,

I have a Database that has been split into two.

Back-end for all the data.

Front end for all the forms and queries.

The front end has been saved in a accde format and distributed to 20+ users. They have all saved this onto there computers and this is used as an application.

The users complete a form on a weekly basis on the application and then save. This then saves into the back end.

For some reason I have noticed that a few users submission randomly do not save. For the life of me I cannot understand why.

All users have saved them into the back end in the past but every now and then submission for users do not save.

Can anybody explain to me why this is happening? :banghead:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:14
Make sure they are all connected to the correct BE database. They could be saving to a backup or local copy.

BigHappyDaddy

Coding Monkey Wanna-Be
Local time
Could it be that the users fill out the form, but the record is not actually saved. Then the user exits the application and their record is discarded because the record hasn't actually saved? In other words, the record selector still shows a pencil when the user exits the application?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:14
BigHappyDaddy, as long as Access shuts down normally, it will save data if necessary as each form closes unless the application itself contains code to specifically prevent the save and gives no warning to the user.

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 18:14
How the front-end and back-end connected to each other? Either linktable method, DAO or ADO method?

BigHappyDaddy

Coding Monkey Wanna-Be
Local time
Pat - Thanks for correcting me. I was never 100% sure about that situation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom