Value List Field (1 Viewer)

Shoutaro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:05
Hi to everyone

I'm a bit confused :confused:a friend of mine asked me to help him out on a project he is doing. He want his users to input on a daily bases the appointments of various clients, for record and statistics. I created two tables one DailyVisits (ID & Date fields) and the other VisitsDetails (ID, Date {related to the other table Date}, ClientInfo, ReasonOfVisit). In a form I joint these two tables i.e DailyVists (main) VisitsDetails (subform) thus for one day I have multiple client. Far now I hope my approach is correct!?

My issue is that that in the VisitDetails table the ReasonOfVisit is combo box with a value list, and my friend needs that if "Other" is selected ("Other" is one of the value list) another field is enabled and the user can input a reason which is not in the list.

Can someone please guide me how can I achieve this task? Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:05
Hi. Sounds like you need an additional field besides ReasonOfVisit to explain the "other" reasons. As for your table structure, I am thinking you should have a table for patients and a table for visits, rather than a table of daily visits and a table of visit details.

Shoutaro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:05
Thanks for your reply. Actually I tried to add another field but I was trying to enable/disable it within the table (how dumb) not from the form control. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

As regards the structure we need to gather data of the daily visits but keeping in mind to make the user-interface as simply as possible. Thus what I have in mind is a form having a “uniqueID” for each day and a sub form where the user will add in a list fashion the clients and other related data concerning their visit.

Thanks very much

bdra2778

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Shoutaro, maybe this example help you. In your case you have to add a field in table and form, plus correct the tab order.

Regards

Attachments

• Enable-Disable controls.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 80

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
@ Shoutaro

Even if you set up your tables to be patient & visit (like theDBguy suggests), you can still create queries that return your visits per day.

Your parent record then becomes the patient (ID, patient info) with visit being the child (date, reason, start of visit, end of visit, follow up, what have you).

Your query then returns all visits (including looked up parent information) for a specific date or date range. No need to have " DailyVisits" as an actual table since your user could enter the date as easily as trying to select it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom