Cant connect to SQL Express 2005 (1 Viewer)

mitmit

Local time
Today, 04:25
Hi

I will try to make a accessproject with a SQL Express 2005 server i have installed local on my computer. When access ask me with a wizard to connect to a database i recived the page where i should shoose a databas in list, but when i puch the dropdownlist i recive the following message.

---------------------------
Error in Microsoft-datalink
---------------------------
It was not possible to count (show/find) databaseservers. The counting reportet an Undefined error.

----------------
The message is not exact because i recive it in swedish and find it hard to exakt know how to translate this message.

I have set that it possible to use TCIP and Namedpipe.

I can connect with SQL Enterprise Manager so the database is on.
Im using Access 2007

Greatful for help

raward1941uk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:25
It's pssible that you haven't given yourself access rights to your SQL 2005 server. Open the Surface Area Configuration tool and click on"Add new administrator." You will see 2 panels and in the left hand panel you should see your user name. Highlight it and then with the arrow between the 2 panels copy it to the right hand panel. Close that and open Services and Connections. For the SQL server browser change the start up type to automatic and change the service status to running.

That should do the trick: it did for me.

raward1941uk

To every problem there is a solution.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:25
Are you using the SQL Server Native Client ODBC driver instead of the SQL Server ODBC Driver? If not, try because that's how I connect and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom