Sharepoint online status with Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

devo96

Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
Hi all,
I'm looking for a way to check whether or not Access is online with Sharepoint. I found a post here by drjohn61 that adds a dummy record and looks to see if the primary key is a positive integer. (A negative integer indicates Access is offline).

The online status is indicated in the status bar. Is a way for vba to determine whether or not Access is connected to sharepoint, maybe using the same method the status bar uses? Or even by accessing the status bar directly (with Application.SysCmd) and checking the status of that item.... It seems like this should be fairly straightforward...

Thank you for your help...

BWP

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:04
Hi Devo - i'm looking for something similar - actually something exact....did you ever get a solution to this?

At present i have some users who experience the "click here to relink tables" message where it should be saying "Online with SharePoint". This causing mass confusion and is not great for attempting to create a new record whilst in Access FE. So I now need a way to work out whether this status is "Online with SharePoint" - if it is then proceed with normal procedure, otherwise try refresh lists or prompt the user to log out and back in? I wish i knew why this was happening in the first place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom