add new autonumber fld data (1 Viewer)

jedder18

Just Livin the Dream!
Local time
Today, 03:44
User would like the InvNbr to be autogenerated in there table.
The field Invoice# is currently text.
So, I've created a new field in a copy of the structure of the PayRcvdTable .....InvNbr
I was able to get it started at the correct number in the new copy of a blank table.
However, How do I get the data from the current table into this new table without having the autonbr fld (InvNbr) generate a nbr for the appended records that shouldn't be populated.
I want any future records in the table to be autogenerated from the starting point I have of InvNbr 80.

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Today, 06:44
Autonumber is Just that, each new record is incremented by default sequentially, so if you append 50 existing records to a table structure and the default starts at 80 then you'll AUTOnumber the records as they are sorted on append 80 thru 129.

You may need to do a custom VBA script in your Invoice form to simply start with 80 on the next invoice and then add 1 to the last number used each time you generate an invoice. Instead of the table's autonumber, because an autonumber is not really supposed to have any business intelligence associated with it.

CHeers!
Goh

jedder18

Just Livin the Dream!
Local time
Today, 03:44
They're going to have to go with higher numbers for the invoices going forward.
Don't want to jump through all these hoops for 1 number.
I'm making an executive decision here, :)
As long as the number is unique, shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom