Rag (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:34
Oh I just love that Wal Mart ad - "Hover Over". Wish I had a dollar for every time I scroll the page and my cursor rides over the ad and I get to look at their flyer. :rolleyes:

(That's me rolling my eyes out loud)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 04:34
Perhaps its just me being dense but I'm not sure what point you are making either from the thread title or the content. I know you're being ironic/sarcastic and 'think' you want to skip the ads.
If so, suggest you purchase one of the forum memberships (silver, gold or diamond) as it will dramatically cut the number of ads you see...plus you may feel a warm glow from knowing you are supporting the forum.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:34
First let me say that typing with a cast on sometimes causes unwanted results, like a post getting sent off in the middle of typing somewhere (as happened in the middle of entering post title). So that's first in case it happens again here.

No, I don't want to skip the ads. I realize why they're necessary. It's just that that one is a pita for me.
As for being a paid member and still seeing some ads, well that doesn't add up for me. What would make more sense is if a contributor didn't have to see them after some number of reputation points or something because that's a measure of contributions. However, if I was selling a product and knew there was any method of members avoiding ads I might not be impressed by that.

The concept of paying to help others for free doesn't work for me either, sorry to say. I know that you know I have often put many hours into solutions at times (elsewhere) without receiving any compensation, so no problem there, but I can't see my way to paying to do that.

I think the intent of my post was one thing but the perception of it was something else. Hope we can leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom