Report prompting for parameters several times (1 Viewer)

clatham

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:34
I have a report that pulls off Student Attendance records for each group of students (i.e. 60) and has a page break between each student.

I have added a parameter to the query behind the report to filter by Subject, so that the user can get a report of students who attended their class specifically.

The issue is that because I have used the sort and group functions on the report to add the page break between each student, the report is now prompting multiple times for the query's parameter.

Is there another way I have add the page break and use the query to group and sort as needed?

--------------------

I would also like to add a second filter another version of the report so that the user can select a specific student. Ideally, I would like the user to find the student's record on the input form and be able to print the report from there. Is this possible without adding the StudentID parameter to the query?

TIA

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I suggest you have a series of options on the calling form and scrap the parameters.

The options could be: all students /by subject / individual student
Then if either subject or student chosen, have a combo box for users to make their selection.
This makes it easier for end users and possibly for you as a developer.

Next you open your report with open args depending on the option chosen.
Finally n the report open event, use a select case statement based on Me.OpenArgs and put your code for each option in there.

Hope that makes sense. If not, ask for further explanation

clatham

Registered User.
Local time
That sounds like exactly what I need, however, I have no idea how to do it :(

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
To get you started, try looking at the two example databases I attached to this thread https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=302189

I also have examples specifically related to student attendance but they are part of a large commercial database so I can't supply code. I do have a demo ACCDE version available on my website that you could look at for ideas. If interested send me a PM and I'll supply a link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom