Resign from Site! (1 Viewer)

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:13
I have given more to this site than I have received so I leave with no regrets. I do thank all who have assisted me in my posts! I'm afraid it is time for me to part ways.

This will be my final post with no replies.

I wish everyone happiness and good health.

Dave, alias burrrina

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
I'm sorry to see you go! We'll always be here in case you need assistance!

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 18:13
Sorry to see you go. Illegitimi non carborundum!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 02:13
And yet Collin is STILL allowed to stay.

If you insist on blaming me for an unproven reason, (and as he has said he will post no more so we will never know the reason), please try and spell my name correctly.
I would have thought that copying a name correctly would at least be in your capabilities.

Although as PB has highlighted the Pepper bird thread, it is a bit of an odd thing to post about some bird who has a business that needs cleaning up.

Col

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 11:13
I would like to know what Colin Essex is accused of.

I can't see that he has done anything wrong.

Collin has been very well behaved of late and he has not used any foul language.

Please direct me to where he has erred if in fact he has done so.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I would like to know what Colin Essex is accused of.

I can't see that he has done anything wrong.

Collin has been very well behaved of late and he has not used any foul language.

Please direct me to where he has erred if in fact he has done so.

I exist, much to the annoyance of certain mods here. So if anyone leaves, it must be my fault.
I have considered using foul language as it seems to be acceptable here, but I decided it just a demonstrates a limited vocabulary. Anyway, I've been a member since 1999/2000 and never used such language, it's disgusting but sadly acceptable on these forums.

Col

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 11:13
I have given more to this site than I have received so I leave with no regrets. I do thank all who have assisted me in my posts! I'm afraid it is time for me to part ways.

This will be my final post with no replies.

I wish everyone happiness and good health.

Dave, alias burrrina

So then it is much to do about nothing.

Colin may be upset about the recent loss in Cricket. :mad: :rolleyes: :D :eek:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Nobody is accused of anything.

Done anything wrong? What is he, 5? Everything is fine.

Then could you please explain Pbaldy's post.

I know Col can be a pain and likes to wind people up but it appears to me that it is Burrina who was rude in the highlighted thread , and Col was not the only one who found the first post puzzling.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
So then it is much to do about nothing.

Colin may be upset about the recent loss in Cricket. :mad: :rolleyes: :D :eek:

I don't follow multi-day cricket, a stupid game usually decided by who wins the toss, but the last match scores would suggest that we sent the blind school.

Brian

PS perhaps we should send out our ladies , they apparently won.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I think it's all rather funny actually.

Person x makes a thread that is deemed strange to those not familiar with person x's hobby.
Person y raises a query as to what it means, other persons a,b,c etc also don't follow it.
Person x gets in a huff for some unknown reason and announces they are leaving the forum.
Another person calls as to why person y is still allowed to post, then everyone else has their twopennyworth against person y, including the usual inane post "don't feed the trolls".

What actually started it all? No idea. Now it seems it's because England lost the second test against Australia at cricket.

Most odd.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
but the last match scores would suggest that we sent the blind school

In the USA, we send that group to many sports events - to be the referees.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As this is the watercooler, you expect some people to come up with obscure posts to match those overheard at real office water fountains and break rooms.

My own bête noir is when a gamer starts prattling on about the obscure details of some virtual corner of a big online game (MMORPG to the initiated). If you don't play the game, you look at the person as though s/he has grown an extra head or three. (And I don't dare go online because I might find that in the game world, that is EXACTLY what happened.)

We have to remember that such people are oblivious to the incredulous stares and glares that we give them. Since this is a text-board watercooler, stares and glares don't work so you have to make a more definitive statement. I think that if this had happened in person (i.e. really F2F in phonetextspeak), someone would have said, "Say what?" to the comment about the blue-front amazon because it would have made no sense in spoken words either - if you are not a connoisseur of exotic tropical birds.

In essence, I have to say that I'm with Colin on this one. Someone with a thin skin should not "hang out their passion" for others to step on it.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
How about everyone stop making an issue out of nothing. Burrina didn't explain why he left, so everything is pure conjecture at this point which makes the entire rest of this thread starting with initial accusations fruitless.

Drop it!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:13
Back to burrrina's initial statement, it appears he is getting nothing new from this forum and does not want to contribute anymore. In my opinion, it should have been a non issue.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
How about everyone stop making an issue out of nothing. Burrina didn't explain why he left, so everything is pure conjecture at this point which makes the entire rest of this thread starting with initial accusations fruitless.

Drop it!

Best post yet vass, well said, it's boring.

Trolls do make an issue out of nothing. If am am one, I'm not alone by a long chalk.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom