Immigration (1 Viewer)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:31
Solution

1. Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border...
  2. Take the dirt and raise the levies in New Orleans...
  3. Put the Florida alligators in the moat.

Any other problems you want me to solve?

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
  1. Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border...

1. Thought the Rio Grande was already there (or Rio Bravo, to give it its correct title)?:confused: :p

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:31
Rich said:
Thought the Rio Grande was already there (or Rio Bravo, to give it its correct title)?:confused: :p
Used to be. So many people are pulling water out for whatever, it is just a literal trickle by the time it hits most of Texas.
Plus taint nutt'n in New mexico, Arizona and California but desert in most places.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 21:31
FoFa said:
Wait, Wait, Wait, MY TURN.
The British love to queue for things. Two or three people can start a queue for no reason and other people will join it out of curiosity:rolleyes:

So I ask where I can catch this bus, and she replies, well, hell if I know what she replied, cause I have never heard anything so foreign in my life. This was no British accent,

She must have been from New York:D

Col

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
She must have been from New York:D Col
Actually I can have the same problem with a heavy BOSTON accent. New York not so much.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
FoFa said:
Actually I can have the same problem with a heavy BOSTON accent. New York not so much.
Boston - thats where "Cheers" was based and "Banacek" isn't it?

Col

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Boston - thats where "Cheers" was based and "Banacek" isn't it? Col
Cheers for sure, but you don't really see the heavy accents on TV shows because outside of Boston, no one understand them :eek:

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 14:31
One-liners

Pat, please do delete these; one huge vote for it...regarding the thread, I've come across this issue time after time working in the public schools and believe me when I say, there is no hotter or more sensitive subject anywhere in the state...today, we learned that an Aurora Colorado police officer was shot and killed by an illegal immigrant and the whole community is terribly upset to lose any man working to protect us all, illegal or legal, but far worse to lose someone in this manner simply out of sheer stupidity because this was the kind of person that helped every AMERICAN, without regard to race, color, creed, or legal status because these people are what make our system work at it's best! He was shot point blank with no history at all between himself and his killer, just "something to do" because apparently escaping Mexico into the US in the first place and in itself, wasn't good enough...you're damn right I hope he fries because no country needs people like this!

SUCH A HUGE ISSUE, it's just frustrating that numerous governments and political factions can't come together sooner to truly address this for us all...FYI: The US and Colorado government had to cut a deal with the Mexican government this past summer for the extradition of a mexican national who killed a Denver Colorado officer and wounded another...his reasoning, he was sure that all police officers wore bullet proof vests so he shot at them just to "scare" them because he figured they were wearing their vests...we got him back here but because of the deal with Mexico, he will not be eligible for the death penalty. Now I ask, where the hell is the justice, on any scale, for that and the officers family for their loss having absolutely no value to anyone for his loss to his family, the community, his friends, coworkers, etc...?

So, Colorado alone just in the past few months this summer has lost forever two great men who supported their fellow man, no matter if they were actually legal or not by two people who simply refuse to be people, much less American or otherwise.

Among the really big issues of our day, this ranks right up there along with a better tolerance of all people, regardless of where they reside because no place is perfect. History and reality teaches that...

and Rich, "championing free speech" also includes the denial/elimination of frivolous commentary that simply gets old so peace, but lighten the hell up man!?#?$!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
So, Colorado alone just in the past few months this summer has lost forever two great men who supported their fellow man, no matter if they were actually legal or not by two people who simply refuse to be people, much less American or otherwise.

I'm left confused as to your point.

Is your post an eulogy for the murdered policemen or an insinuation that illegal immigrants are inhuman?

R

Rich

GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
Pat, please do delete these; one huge vote for it...regarding the thread, I've come across this issue time after time working in the public schools and believe me when I say, there is no hotter or more sensitive subject anywhere in the state...today, we learned that an Aurora Colorado police officer was shot and killed by an illegal immigrant and the whole community is terribly upset to lose any man working to protect us all, illegal or legal, but far worse to lose someone in this manner simply out of sheer stupidity because this was the kind of person that helped every AMERICAN, without regard to race, color, creed, or legal status because these people are what make our system work at it's best! He was shot point blank with no history at all between himself and his killer, just "something to do" because apparently escaping Mexico into the US in the first place and in itself, wasn't good enough...you're damn right I hope he fries because no country needs people like this!

How about the Catholic priest from America who carried out a lifetime of abuse against children that was allowed to escape to Mexico by the Bishop
He wasn't Hispanic who's to blame there?
Tell you what why not just bomb the crap out of Mexico, end of problem:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Tell you what why not just bomb the crap out of Mexico, end of problem:rolleyes:
They can't - it'll spread the military too thinly. They're needed to sacrifice themselves in Iraq.

Anyway, the Iraq war is costing $1billion per month to the USA so they may need to have a whip round before they start another war.:rolleyes:

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Anyway, the Iraq war is costing $1billion per month to the USA so they may need to have a whip round before they start another war.:rolleyes:

Perhaps you could give us a loan ;)

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
dan-cat said:
Perhaps you could give us a loan ;)
Yea! As Rich pointed out in that other thread, Iraq is the U.K.'s fault anywho. :rolleyes:

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
DAN-CAT:
dan-cat said:
I'm left confused as to your point.

Is your post an eulogy for the murdered policemen or an insinuation that illegal immigrants are inhuman?

A eulogy maybe because it makes me sick that the US, in large part, like any other solid nation, has it's pros and cons, but regardless of where you live, when someone is just trying to do their job, and admittedly, a dangerous one, we shouldn't lose people to truly pointless circumstances like this; in the same vain as any war, Iraqi or otherwise...it just highlights the loss when you find out that so many other processes in place failed to identify this person before he could make the plans he made...

Yes, the US plays big brother all too often and throughout our short history it has definitely bit us in the ass but not unlike any other nation's past, remember that...

This person who killed an officer and who is here illegally, inhuman, not at all. My point being that at some point, it would be great for more nations, especially your neighbors to get on the same page with the bigger threats of today; terrorism, major crime levels so that we can cut all the red tape and BS and start working together for a change instead of playing world politics and feeling good about winning that game...

Mexico is blatantly wrong because their stance was clearly world attention and credit in some sick way for saving this person's life eventhough he ended anothers...so if some drunk from anywhere USA visits Tijuana and kills a Mexican highway patrolman, escapes back to the US and Mexico wants him...what do we do? - Hopefully send him back to Mexico with our compliments and let him face the music, as he should, not protect him but there's the all might lawyer question so I guess it depends on his council's skills at manipulation!

Bottomline, if you're an A**hole, I don't care if you're white, black, orange, yellow, American, Japanese, English, or whatever. the only label that fits is A**hole and you should be made to answer for your actions with the blessing of whatever government, nation, peoples, etc...it's hard enough to deal with mother nature and natural disasters that affect us all but I'm sure there are lawyers trying to file lawsuits against her too!?#?$!

R

Rich

GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
DAN-CAT:

A eulogy maybe because it makes me sick that the US, in large part, like any other solid nation, has it's pros and cons, but regardless of where you live, when someone is just trying to do their job, and admittedly, a dangerous one, we shouldn't lose people to truly pointless circumstances like this; in the same vain as any war, Iraqi or otherwise...it just highlights the loss when you find out that so many other processes in place failed to identify this person before he could make the plans he made...

Yes, the US plays big brother all too often and throughout our short history it has definitely bit us in the ass but not unlike any other nation's past, remember that...

This person who killed an officer and who is here illegally, inhuman, not at all. My point being that at some point, it would be great for more nations, especially your neighbors to get on the same page with the bigger threats of today; terrorism, major crime levels so that we can cut all the red tape and BS and start working together for a change instead of playing world politics and feeling good about winning that game...

Mexico is blatantly wrong because their stance was clearly world attention and credit in some sick way for saving this person's life eventhough he ended anothers...so if some drunk from anywhere USA visits Tijuana and kills a Mexican highway patrolman, escapes back to the US and Mexico wants him...what do we do? - Hopefully send him back to Mexico with our compliments and let him face the music, as he should, not protect him but there's the all might lawyer question so I guess it depends on his council's skills at manipulation!

Bottomline, if you're an A**hole, I don't care if you're white, black, orange, yellow, American, Japanese, English, or whatever. the only label that fits is A**hole and you should be made to answer for your actions with the blessing of whatever government, nation, peoples, etc...it's hard enough to deal with mother nature and natural disasters that affect us all but I'm sure there are lawyers trying to file lawsuits against her too!?#?$!

Here we go again the US demands extradition from countries of those murder, terrorist suspects etc. but absolutely flatly refuses to return the favour, it flatly refuses to accept any other country's juristiction over American citizens, troops etc., what sheer hypocrisy !:mad: :rolleyes:

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Rich, you are by far my favorite American-basher because you refuse to open your mind to the fact that this happens everywhere and I am in no way agreeing with that practice regardless of where it's happening...and certainly not in charge of those decisions like you imply, "Here we go again the US demands extradition from countries of those murder, terrorist suspects etc. but absolutely flatly refuses to return the favour, it flatly refuses to accept any other country's juristiction over American citizens, troops etc., what sheer hypocrisy!"

Are you not disgusted that a PERSON was murdered who serves people and because two close governments can't agree on the press and attention, that the criminal will sit free in a jail cell for 30-40 years that we all have to pay for all the while, the officers family has to start all over....dark man, really dark but hey, you have a right to it so close the blinds all the way and enjoy...

At this point, I don't mind saying at all, and of course with your anti-American everything twist, that my boldness offered will forever be misinterpreted, fine...still, this forum as I remember it has far too much Country bashing, led by your irreverance.

My mind set and genuine offering of support to whomever and wherever they reside is easy to follow and document...it would be really nice if busy users of this forum like yourself would follow in those footsteps because as a returning "new" user, constant comments coming from you and a few others REALLY makes this place dark!

If you're not from here, you'd certainly never understand the TRUE freedoms we enjoy across so many lines because the moral majority here does all that we can on most fronts to support anyone and everyone but money, politics, systems all both good and bad interfere, just like anywhere else so hate us more later...take a break from time to time...peace!

If you are from the US somewhere, all I can say is WOW...shockingly misguided, misinformed, and LOST...I'm sorry for you man!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
Are you not disgusted that a PERSON was murdered who serves people and because two close governments can't agree on the press and attention, that the criminal will sit free in a jail cell for 30-40 years that we all have to pay for all the while, the officers family has to start all over....dark man, really dark but hey, you have a right to it so close the blinds all the way and enjoy...

Convicted murderers are not sentenced to death all the time. I still don't get the relevance of all this with subject of illegal immigration. All you seem to be arguing about is the pros and cons of the death sentence. I'm still confused...

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Sorry...

Some users even adversely affect me...on the offered subject of illegal immigration, I was just pointing out that with so much time passed it's seriously time to make changes because every state is seeing critical need services being depleted by people we cannot track because they make themselves dissapear in our systems so quickly and easily; education, welfare, job opportunities, medical services, legal services, on and on...down the drain because they put nothing back.

From this level of illegal immigration, over $500million+ in Colorado alone is lost/used every year where it could be used to support people who work hard and make little money to live on, really improve educational standards because CO is one of the worst, general crime prevention, and so on...

At the criminal illegal immigration level, that just highlights the problem a hundred times over. I don't just talk about it either. I'm very proud to have been helping to find small community solutions to react to these issues as well and even helped to enact new Colorado State HOA laws that address several illegal immigration housing/ownership issues...so I'm not all talk and no action...I'm trying to help but with the sensitivity and human factor that seems to illude others because immigration built and made the US what it is...

Yes, an open door for some people here to continue to bash but bottomline, we (the collective moral majority) lead because of the combined strength of all our people and obviously very few of us can stake a claim to be resident Americans...

Maybe some nations are glad their doors are and have been relatively closed since whenever but that also lends itself to the fact that all of those nations trail behind everyone else; one of my homelands, China included because the relatively few that govern that great nation compared to her massive population simply don't see the value like other great individuals like Bruce Lee tried their whole lives to share...now there's a man that had a fantastic effect! There have been no greater legal immigrants and contributors to the world and the US than Mr. Lee...I may have been only 4 when he died but his effect on me as I learned of him has always been great and people like this can and have made a difference so I try to do my part whenever and wherever I can...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom