Mutual Numbers And Detect Conference Call - Please Help I am begging (1 Viewer)

tronturbo

Local time
Today, 14:50
Solved Thanks

Thanks for everyone solving my issue. I appreciate and special thanks to this forum and plog includes JHB.

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 16:50
Bad news, I cannot follow your explanation. Good news, I don't need to--I just need to see data. Let's focus on issue #1 for now. Provide 2 sets of data:

A. Starting sample data from your table(s). Provide table and field names and enough sample data to cover all cases.

B. Expected results when you feed in the data from A. Show me what data you expect to end up with when you feed the data from A into this yet to be built query.

Again, no explanations needed, just data--2 sets beginning and ending.

tronturbo

Local time
Bad news, I cannot follow your explanation. Good news, I don't need to--I just need to see data. Let's focus on issue #1 for now. Provide 2 sets of data:

A. Starting sample data from your table(s). Provide table and field names and enough sample data to cover all cases.

B. Expected results when you feed in the data from A. Show me what data you expect to end up with when you feed the data from A into this yet to be built query.

Again, no explanations needed, just data--2 sets beginning and ending.

Thank you soooooooooooo much for your reply I really really appreciate that. As you instructed I have make 2 sets. Please see the attachment. Thanks :)

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I'm lost. Is that both issues or just issue #1 like I asked? Because each file you sent has tblExpected. You have 2 expected data sets in there.

Again, let's focus on one issue. What exactly am I looking at in each file?

tronturbo

Local time
I'm lost. Is that both issues or just issue #1 like I asked? Because each file you sent has tblExpected. You have 2 expected data sets in there.

Again, let's focus on one issue. What exactly am I looking at in each file?

Sorry If I make you confused. I apologize. Please take a look Set 1.mdb for issue # 1 right now and thanks again. Appreciated!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:50
For Issue #1, run query "qry3PartTrans", try adding other numbers to see if you still get the correct result!

Attachments

• Set 1.mdb
    292 KB · Views: 44

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Now its explanation time.

Why is B_Number=3465175627 not in the expected results?

tronturbo

Local time
For Issue #1, run query "qry3PartTrans", try adding other numbers to see if you still get the correct result!

Thank you soooooooo much JHB, I think you made my day. I never I thought this will be so much easy for you. It work great. Appreciate that. Will you please take a look Set 2 for another issue please?

tronturbo

Local time
Now its explanation time.

Why is B_Number=3465175627 not in the expected results?

Thanks plog, JHB just solve the issue. Will you also please take a look Set 2 for issue #2. Will appreciate and thanks for your time.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Forget that I figured it out---because it has only 1 contact, to be in the query it must have more than one unique A_Number in tblGeneral.

To accomplish this, you will need subqueries. Paste the below SQL into a query and call it 'Mutual_sub1":

Code:
SELECT tblGeneral.B_Number, tblGeneral.A_Number
FROM tblGeneral
GROUP BY tblGeneral.B_Number, tblGeneral.A_Number;

It gets all the unique A & B number permutations. Next, paste the below SQL into a new query and call it 'Mutual_sub2':

Code:
SELECT Mutual_sub1.B_Number
FROM Mutual_sub1
GROUP BY Mutual_sub1.B_Number
HAVING (((Count(Mutual_sub1.A_Number))>1));

That will get all B numbers that have more than 1 unique A number assigned to them. Finally use the below SQL to get the results you want:

Code:
TRANSFORM Count(tblGeneral.A_Number) AS CountOfA_Number
SELECT tblGeneral.B_Number
FROM tblGeneral INNER JOIN Mutual_sub2 ON tblGeneral.B_Number = Mutual_sub2.B_Number
GROUP BY tblGeneral.B_Number
PIVOT tblGeneral.A_Number;

Let me know if that doesn't work. I'm working on issue #2 now.

tronturbo

Local time
You guys! I love both of you. Really really appreciate that and thanks for your time.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I was able to generate the expected results in issue #2. But, I'm not convinced its correct--please test it on a larger dataset and manually check other examples. This too will require a sub-query, paste the below SQL into a new query and name it 'OverlappedCalls_sub1':

Code:
SELECT tblConference.*, iif(tblConference.Call_Start_DateTime<tblConference_1.Call_Start_DateTime, tblConference.Call_Start_DateTime, tblConference_1.Call_Start_DateTime) AS InitialCall
FROM tblConference INNER JOIN tblConference AS tblConference_1 ON (tblConference.Call_End_DateTime>=tblConference_1.Call_Start_DateTime) AND (tblConference.Call_Start_DateTime<=tblConference_1.Call_End_DateTime) AND (tblConference.A_Number = tblConference_1.A_Number)
WHERE tblConference.B_Number <> tblConference_1.B_Number;

It finds all overlapping calls. The below SQL will produce the results you want:

Code:
SELECT OverlappedCalls_sub1.A_Number, OverlappedCalls_sub1.B_Number, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_Type, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_Start_DateTime, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_End_DateTime, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Duration, IIf([tblConference].[Call_Type]="Out-Call","Call-Waiting","Call-Conference") AS Result
FROM OverlappedCalls_sub1 INNER JOIN tblConference ON (OverlappedCalls_sub1.InitialCall = tblConference.Call_Start_DateTime) AND (OverlappedCalls_sub1.A_Number = tblConference.A_Number)
GROUP BY OverlappedCalls_sub1.A_Number, OverlappedCalls_sub1.B_Number, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_Type, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_Start_DateTime, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Call_End_DateTime, OverlappedCalls_sub1.Duration, IIf([tblConference].[Call_Type]="Out-Call","Call-Waiting","Call-Conference");

Paste that into a new query. Again, be sure to test it on more data than you gave me. If it does fail, give me the sample data you used to determine it failed so I can correct it.

tronturbo

Local time
Sorry plog, I am currently away from home, I ll get back to you soon ASAP. and thanks for help. However, l can donate if you want as I promised. I am really really enjoying to be a part of this forum.

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Your welcome. No donation needed.

tronturbo

Local time
Your welcome. No donation needed.

Heads off sir, I really really appreciate for that. We need people like you in this world to be honest. However, I just tried in big db like 1200+ records but I am facing some issue.

1- That Records includes In-SMS, Out-SMS, GPRS, In-MMS and Out-MMS and Query shows these records as well
2- After executing query it shows duplicate records (Please see Duplicate.png file) but there is no such duplication on main table

I made Expected Report for matching the result. Please see the attachment sir and thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom