Question Home Budget Database (1 Viewer)

roxdrob

Local time
Today, 03:05
Hi,

Do any of you know where I might find a database for keeping up with home budget transactions? I'm looking for one that I can query to show what's due for the month, how much has been paid toward it, etc. I'll need to have a way to track extras, not normal bills such as utilities, mortgage, etc.

TIA!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 04:05
This is more a help forum for Access developers who need help developing. If you are an end user who wants advice on an app for [special subject] it would be best to go to a forum dedicated to [special subject].

With that said I hear Every Dollar is a great app for household budgeting.

roxdrob

Local time
Thank you. Excuse the ring. :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:05
Not sure if you would still need a key for this, but I am still using my 2004 copy :D

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/quicken/

Hi,

Do any of you know where I might find a database for keeping up with home budget transactions? I'm looking for one that I can query to show what's due for the month, how much has been paid toward it, etc. I'll need to have a way to track extras, not normal bills such as utilities, mortgage, etc.

TIA!

roxdrob

Local time
Thank you. I'll check it out. I'd really like to be able to run queries and print reports based on the queries. I don't know that Quicken would allow me that.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:05
Well quicken is an accounting package, and has pretty good reporting. You can save variosu reports. I use it for my volunteer work as a treasurer, and I have to pass strict audits every year.

You can create your own categories etc, and I think it would be more than adequate for your needs and easier to use.?

Any accounting package shpuld do what you require.

Creating your own in Access would be a lot of work if you are not experienced and a fair bit of work, even if you were?

You can even send report data to Excel, so if you wanted something quicken could not do for some reason, could still use Access to simply carry out that task.?

Good luck anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom