Hiding Access Query from Excel (1 Viewer)

Rainbowhawk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:42
Is there a way to stop selected queries and tables from being available to excel as external data sources?

I am looking for a way to hide them from the list of available data sources to anyone who selects a particular database

Thoughts?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't believe so.

It is probably not something you would want to do, but you could put the 'allowed' tables in a separate database and then password protect all the others

Rainbowhawk

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

I have already hidden my tables by holding them in another db and linking to them, I now have half a dozen queries, with just one output query, however I don't want the end user to access the feed queries.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Why not use the final query to output to a separate database as a Make Table then they only have access to the one table.

Rainbowhawk

Registered User.
Local time
The db is written to their C drive as part of the process, however the admins need to be able to update this information on the fly.

I have added a version number to the data set that highlights if its older than the established version and prompts them to update.

They access the data through a query, however I wish to stop them viewing the background tables

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
As I have already suggested change the query to a make table and place the new table in a separate database and give them access to that one, they can't get to the other that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom